Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 05:50 PM

Terms of Endearment

What term do you use when addressing your partner? I know some refer to their partner as "pet" but this rather takes it too far -

A couple in Canada have been fined for breaking Covid curfew rules after the woman was caught "walking" her husband on a leash, according to local media.

The woman reportedly told police that she was just out "walking her dog" near their home in the city of Sherbrooke, in Quebec province.

On Saturday the province imposed a nightly curfew between 20:00 and 05:00.

Walking a dog close to home is one of the only acceptable reasons to be outside between those times.

The pair were spotted by police at around 21:00 on Saturday, just a short while after the new rules came into effect.

They reportedly told police that they were following the rule for pets. Isabelle Gendron, of the Sherbrooke Police Department, told the local newspaper La Tribune the couple "did not co-operate with the police at all".

They were each fined CA$1,546 ($1,212; £893).
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:46 PM

Re: Terms of Endearment

When I address my Lovely Cousin, I normally call her by the diminutive of her first name, or I look directly at her and just talk to her.

I've been doing this since she was eleven and can see no reason to change it now.

If I am speaking to her on the 'phone I will greet her with, "Hi Love, it's me."
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:01 PM

I don't have a specific name for my OH, though I do have a few if I'm annoyed at him.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't have a specific name for my OH, though I do have a few if I'm annoyed at him.
Are you sure you're not V in disguise?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 08:56 PM

If my spoused tried to walk me around on a leash, I wouldn't exactly be referring to him with terms of "endearment."

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 09:23 PM

We don't do bondage.

Just ...

Hi honey I'm home

Goodnight darling

Yes dear no dear

is the bed warm sweetie pie

and so on.

Using different endearments might save embarrassment when you might otherwise forget who you're talking to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:37 PM

Once upon a time I was engaged to a really nice Canadian guy - but - he used to call me 'Honey' 'Babe' or 'Baby' - took me a long time to cure him of that!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We don't do bondage.

Just ...

Hi honey I'm home

Goodnight darling

Yes dear no dear

is the bed warm sweetie pie

and so on.

Using different endearments might save embarrassment when you might otherwise forget who you're talking to.

Wondered where Sweetie Pie had got to.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Once upon a time I was engaged to a really nice Canadian guy - but - he used to call me 'Honey' 'Babe' or 'Baby' - took me a long time to cure him of that!!
It would take a long time to Cure Morti.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It would take a long time to Cure Morti.
What's Morti done to you?

Clunk - penny just dropped. You are such a rascal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top