Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 04:18 AM

Gladiator

I just watched the film Gladiator again. Quite a fantastic bit of film making. The script was spot on. The camera work was perfect, the acting was spectacular and the score was extremely well matched to the emotional content. Stars : Russell Crowe, Richard Harris, Oliver Reed and David Hemmings.
Films of such quality don't come along often.

2 thumbs up.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 06:44 AM

Re: Gladiator

Yes that's one of my favourites too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:03 AM

Never seen it - sounds like I missed a good film. Love Richard Harris - can't stand Russell Crowe.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:54 AM

Terrific film! It's Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of the creepy and somewhat " disturbed " Commodus that adds so much to the production.

The soundtrack deserves a round of applause too!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:57 AM

I feel a trip to Amazon coming on!!

Edit: Just ordered it so it had better be good - or you guys are in big trouble!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:18 AM

One of my favourite movies. Superb music by Hans Zimmer. Here is the trailer...

https://youtu.be/AxQajgTyLcM
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:54 AM

Yes, a really good but slightly overlong film I thought.

Just as aside we did a housesit last year for friends in Farnham Surrey, and one of the places where we walked the dogs was Bourne Woods, where all of the initial battle scenes were filmed for Gladiator.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I just watched the film Gladiator again. Quite a fantastic bit of film making. The script was spot on. The camera work was perfect, the acting was spectacular and the score was extremely well matched to the emotional content. Stars : Russell Crowe, Richard Harris, Oliver Reed and David Hemmings.
Films of such quality don't come along often.

2 thumbs up.
Can't argue with that Bakerman; Superb Film, can watch it over and over again.....I think it was Oliver Reed's last film before he died if I'm not mistaken....

"You sold me Queer Camels!"....

"Just as your Mother was there when you came into this world, so shall I be there at the end of it"........'But Not Yet'.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:27 PM

I agree with the above, it is a great film and Mrs LD tells me that Russell Crowe never looked as good again after that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with the above, it is a great film and Mrs LD tells me that Russell Crowe never looked as good again after that.
He was rubbish as Robin Hood!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top