Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Achievements

In your life.......what have you achieved?......was a lot of effort put into it?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Re: Achievements

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In your life.......what have you achieved?......was a lot of effort put into it?
My big achievement is lots of Children, Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren.

I keep telling them that the world will be a better place because of my bringing them into it!

Funnily enough, there wasn't much effort needed, it was so easy, you could do it in bed!

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My big achievement is lots of Children, Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren.

I keep telling them that the world will be a better place because of my bringing them into it!

Funnily enough, there wasn't much effort needed, it was so easy, you could do it in bed!

How many children did you have,Ted?......nothing like self praise,eh,Ted.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How many children did you have,Ted?......nothing like self praise,eh,Ted.
Hi Pauline!

Four "Children" in their 50s.

Seven Grandchildren, and 6 GGC.

All within 10 to 15 miles, looking forward to seeing them whenever!

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-01-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hi Pauline!

Four "Children" in their 50s.

Seven Grandchildren, and 6 GGC.

All within 10 to 15 miles, looking forward to seeing them whenever!

Lovely,Ted, I can tell you love them dearly.........
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:36 PM

I personally haven't achieved anything academically but I was pleased to pass my driving test after 90 lessons! I suppose that was an achievement.

Something else I've achieved which is quite rare according to my friends - that's a good friendship with my daughter in law Paula. We're like best friends really. I know a lot of women who would like to get on better with their daughter in law. I am very lucky.

I have also achieved a good rapport with Paula's son - my 8 year old grandson Josh. Apart from Ady & Paula I was the only one who could handle him. Josh has autism and it can be very difficult to cope with his funny little ways.

I've achieved a happy marriage lasting over 50 years and am very proud that three of my grandchildren went to university.

Last but not least Tony & I built a business up from scratch and it gave us a trouble free happy working life for over 40 years. I suppose that is an achievement.

We supplied overalls to industry & outsize clothing to people who couldn't get anything to fit.

Once we supplied all the cast of the TV show Peak Practice with jogging bottoms & matching tops for a tug of war they were having between 2 rival teams.

Oh happy days.

Thanks for posting this thread Pauline. It really gives one something to get ones teeth into.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-01-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I personally haven't achieved anything academically but I was pleased to pass my driving test after 90 lessons! I suppose that was an achievement.

Something else I've achieved which is quite rare according to my friends - that's a good friendship with my daughter in law Paula. We're like best friends really. I know a lot of women who would like to get on better with their daughter in law. I am very lucky.

I have also achieved a good rapport with Paula's son - my 8 year old grandson Josh. Apart from Ady & Paula I was the only one who could handle him. Josh has autism and it can be very difficult to cope with his funny little ways.

I've achieved a happy marriage lasting over 50 years and am very proud that three of my grandchildren went to university.

Last but not least Tony & I built a business up from scratch and it gave us a trouble free happy working life for over 40 years. I suppose that is an achievement.

We supplied overalls to industry & outsize clothing to people who couldn't get anything to fit.

Once we supplied all the cast of the TV show Peak Practice with jogging bottoms & matching tops for a tug of war they were having between 2 rival teams.

Oh happy days.

Thanks for posting this thread Pauline. It really gives one something to get ones teeth into.

This is the sort of achievement,I love to hear,...thanks for sharing,Carol, thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

As for you saying you haven’t achieved much.....you must be joking....I don’t think you realise just how much “you” have achieved.

As for the academic ,where would they be without us and where would we be without them.....we all need each other.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:58 PM

Not to be smug BUT...

I can boast that I achieved total mediocrity with unswerving, grit, steam and steely determination byemploying my god given lack of purpose.

Not to put a too fine a point on my dismal response.

Everything that could go wrong was a racing certainty, which If I had put money on would have at least got me a seat at the last chance saloon but I waved that boat good bye with two fingers.

Im going to have that last laugh if it kills me
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-01-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
not to be smug but...

I can boast that i achieved total mediocrity with unswerving, grit, steam and steely determination byemploying my god given lack of purpose.

Not to put a too fine a point on my dismal response.

Everything that could go wrong was a racing certainty, which if i had put money on would have at least got me a seat at the last chance saloon but i waved that boat good bye with two fingers.

Im going to have that last laugh if it kills me

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:27 PM

Academically :-

BSc - with distinction
Became Consultant Holistic Therapist.

Things I am proud of - that others may not view as achievements:-

Wrote a Christmas carol and had it performed by York Hospital Choir.
Read a Lesson in York Minster.
Sang a solo (Sheep may safely graze) with a choir in York Minster.
Gave a talk on the life/works of JRR Tolkien at University.
Gave a talk on the History of Witchcraft to 3rd year Theology students.

Edited to add - I am also a published author.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top