Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 06:58 AM

Re: Two different types of people

A little mayo for me if anything, I cannot abide ketchup..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:25 AM

I like mayonnaise too but for dipping not spread over everything..
I don't mind ketchup either occasionally.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Which one are you and why the preference for any sauce - not just tomato sauce ?

A or B

I am B I like to dip each chip in a little sauce. I control the sauce level!

PS: This is not a personality test.

I am both.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:56 PM

Can't bear ketchup on anything, but I will have a little HP Sauce on Macaroni Cheese.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Another here who can't stand Tomato Ketchup. I won't have it in the house.

If I have chips at all which is rare these days I don't have any sauce on them just a sprinkle of sea salt
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:00 PM

Depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes A, sometimes B, always Daddies brown sauce (except with fish then it's tartar sauce), never vinegar.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:06 PM

No sauce, no salt, just plenty of vinegar on mine please.

When are you serving them up Minx? I'm salivating at the thought of chips, it's ages since I had them (tongue dripping and hanging out smiley)

Edited to add I forgot, I love gravy on chips too, especially from our local chippy. Gosh it's been a year since I tasted their lovely chips and gravy because of Covid .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I rarely put sauce on chips but I do occasionally get chips with gravy from the takeaway place.
Ooh yes, gravy. Curry sauce is good as well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:58 AM

When I first came to Australia Maccas hadn't arrived and it was the greatest joy to go to a Milk Bar or deli and buy a hamburger with properly toasted bun, lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, bacon pineapple etc (though I always told them no beetroot - that was a step too far for me). The only burger I had before coming here was those ridiculous 1960s Wimpy Bar burger - a bit of overcooked meat pattie in a bun.

The burgers were great, where I really had problems was the salt on chips. It was added as a matter of course (I was used to chips with vinegar), no amount of asking "No salt' could stop them putting the damn stuff on chips so eventually i gave up asking.

Anyway decades later I visited England and bought fish and chips somewhere on my travels. The fish was OK but the chips were awful, it was only as I was leaving I realised why - they had no salt because I hadn't asked for it. All those years in Australia had made me expect salt on my chips and chips now tasted funny without them.

I must admit when Maccas arrived in Australia I never thought they would catch on because burgers here were so much better than theirs. Alas I was totally wrong.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:31 PM

I'm with you there Minx. I put a dollop of Tomato Ketchup on the side of my plate and dip individual chips into it as when wanted. Only salt on home made chips though, Salt and Vinegar is a must on shop bought fish and chips.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top