Join for free
Page 81 of 164 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:27 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
That's not the case.

When it was first suggest that doctors surgeries provide all the vaccinations, the doctors were claiming they couldn't possibly cope; they hadn't got the facilities/staff etc etc. SO the government arranged vaccination hubs to take the pressure off the doctors surgeries. However - when the doctors realised they'd be paid £18 per patient - they suddenly stepped up and called in as many patients - and more - for vaccinations................leaving the hubs with less demand than previously forecast! Soooooo there is scope to increase the numbers being vaccinated!
GP surgeries were not originally planned to be the main vaccinators when it turned out that Pfizer had so many logistics/storage issues. So they had to get the big sites up and running. Then Astra Zeneca came along and it became easier for practices to store and administer as well as pharmacies. So it was down to the vaccine characteristics. This was all being planned before vaccines were even approved so there's no chance it will be perfect but it's pretty damn good given the speed it's been rolled out.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:31 PM

Anyway I thought it was "vaccine tzar" Nadhim Zahawi who was doing all the great work so not sure this makes a shred of difference. Taking credit where someone has already put everything in place?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:36 AM

Those bastards in Italy have banned the export of 250000 AstraZenica doses bound for Australia and now France are threatening bans.

We start distributing doses made here middle of the month but this will slow down our already slow vaccine program.

RAAF bombers are on their way.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Those bastards in Italy have banned the export of 250000 AstraZenica doses bound for Australia and now France are threatening bans.

We start distributing doses made here middle of the month but this will slow down our already slow vaccine program.

It seems to me that EU countries are being a bit childish about vaccines! They were saying it wasn't suitable for older people and now they are holding supplies that were being sent to Australia!
Thank god that Australia are controlling this virus much better than Italy have!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It seems to me that EU countries are being a bit childish about vaccines! They were saying it wasn't suitable for older people and now they are holding supplies that were being sent to Australia!
Thank god that Australia are controlling this virus much better than Italy have!
The worst bit about the refusal to export vaccines is that there is a glut of the AZ one across the EU because the EU themselves were spreading false stories about it not being so effective, the natural result being that EU citizens are refusing the AstraZeneca vaccine.
What did they expect when Macron and Merckel both said they would not have it and stories were manufactured to suggest that it was ineffective?
Now is too late to persuade the populace that all of a sudden it's a good vaccine.

This is from under a week ago:

"The German health ministry said last week that it had used just 15 per cent of the AstraZeneca doses it has received as people across the country refuse the jab. In Saxony, the German Red Cross told the news programme ZDF Heute that only 20 to 30 appointments were being booked for AstraZeneca jabs daily in the state.

Across Europe, a similar story is playing out. France had issued just 16 per cent of its AstraZeneca doses as of 25 February, Italy a fifth and Spain a third. By contrast, uptake of the Pfizer jab hovers around 80 per cent, according to data from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, an EU agency. "

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/e...d-eu-countries

I could gloat about EU incompetence here but I won't because sadly it is the millions of ordinary EU citizens that will pay for the actions of such incompetence, many with their very lives.

It gets worse because the EU are asking the USA to allow exports of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I don't know about you but if I was in AstraZeneca's position in the USA I would be saying something along the lines of "of course we will - after we've supplied Australia and all the other places that you won't let us export them to from our EU manufacturing sites and if we have any left by then".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The EU leaders are showing just how pathetic they can be.
I hope the world is watching and taking note.

I wonder whether we'll ever see a unified Commonwealth directly opposing the EU Empire.

If so, I wonder on whose side America would come down!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The worst bit about the refusal to export vaccines is that there is a glut of the AZ one across the EU because the EU themselves were spreading false stories about it not being so effective, the natural result being that EU citizens are refusing the AstraZeneca vaccine.
What did they expect when Macron and Merckel both said they would not have it and stories were manufactured to suggest that it was ineffective?
Now is too late to persuade the populace that all of a sudden it's a good vaccine.

This is from under a week ago:

"The German health ministry said last week that it had used just 15 per cent of the AstraZeneca doses it has received as people across the country refuse the jab. In Saxony, the German Red Cross told the news programme ZDF Heute that only 20 to 30 appointments were being booked for AstraZeneca jabs daily in the state.

Across Europe, a similar story is playing out. France had issued just 16 per cent of its AstraZeneca doses as of 25 February, Italy a fifth and Spain a third. By contrast, uptake of the Pfizer jab hovers around 80 per cent, according to data from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, an EU agency. "

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/e...d-eu-countries

I could gloat about EU incompetence here but I won't because sadly it is the millions of ordinary EU citizens that will pay for the actions of such incompetence, many with their very lives.

It gets worse because the EU are asking the USA to allow exports of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I don't know about you but if I was in AstraZeneca's position in the USA I would be saying something along the lines of "of course we will - after we've supplied Australia and all the other places that you won't let us export them to from our EU manufacturing sites and if we have any left by then".
Good Post Zaphod!
I have nothing against EU residents, who deserve to get their vaccinations, but I do think EU politicians are showing themselves to be like children. Did somebody from Austarlia say " I think the UK were right in leaving the EU" or were they just upset that Australia is doing a better job of controlling the virus and better at ordering the vaccine?
From all the reports I am hearing, I get the impression the EU were trying to show how smart they were at dealing with a pandemic. Sadly for their people it seems they weren't that smart!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:42 PM

I thought it was me,but Van Tam has confirmed that the vaccination
rate HAS slowed from over 300,000 A day to under 200,000 a day !!although this is a significant drop, he thinks we shall still reach our
targets if supplies hold fast and don't drop further ??
So it ain't over till the the fat lady sings ??
This suggests that vaccine production cannot keep up now that
more countries are actually ordering the stuff unless we accept
the vaccines from a wider supply base ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Trouble is though that EU has banned the export of a vaccine that
EU citizens don't want to use Brucy??
So now they don't want anybody to use it either??
I think you should redirect your bombers from Italy to Brussels !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-03-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought it was me,but Van Tam has confirmed that the vaccination
rate HAS slowed from over 300,000 A day to under 200,000 a day !!although this is a significant drop, he thinks we shall still reach our
targets if supplies hold fast and don't drop further ??
So it ain't over till the the fat lady sings ??
This suggests that vaccine production cannot keep up now that
more countries are actually ordering the stuff unless we accept
the vaccines from a wider supply base ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
A vaccine will have quite a few inputs from many different countries. Even if we produce it ourselves we will struggle if there is a shortage of one input as was the case with the glass phials etc. There was originally a shortage of lipid nanoparticles from Canada back when the Pfizer was the only one around. So controlling everything just isn't possible with such a complex product.

Page 81 of 164 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top