Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Re: Can You Remember Your First Car??

Yes, the mini was a brilliant little car wasn't it? I went on to have another three after my first.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Yes, the mini was a brilliant little car wasn't it? I went on to have another three after my first.
No it wasn't, they were bad in the rain, the distributor was at the front behind the grill, and if you drove in heavy rain they used to get soaked with water, and there were sparks flying everywhere.
I had to have mine caked with damp seal or it conked out in the wet weather.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Mine was Daisy, a battered old light blue mini. A huge hole in the bottom where you could see the road going by, no third gear and windows with moss growing that wouldn't open and worst of all the driver's door top hinge was broken and the door would often drop down onto the road hanging by the bottom hinge so I used to drive it with my right arm through the leather door strap to keep it on! One day it fell right off and I picked it up, put it against some bushes and carried on, like a milk-float! Then later drove back home from work and begged my Dad to fetch the door, which he did. Lucky I wasn't spotted by the old Bill.
He he Jimmy, yes you are right of course. Read my post (9.) above
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:56 PM

Ford Galaxy now a VW Touran

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top