Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Comfortable with One's Gender

This is prompted by the Frank Maloney gender reassignment story that has recently broken. I don't mean this to be a controversial thread but it might become that way.

I am just curious about what are the characteristics of being a woman or a man. Frank says he's always known he is in the wrong body but I wonder how he has known that. I know I'm in the right body but I don't know how I know that!

I'm also a little bit puzzled as to why he went into the most masculine sport of all - boxing? And by any measure succeeded.

I wanted to add that I have every sympathy for him and great respect for not only choosing to do what he has done but having the courage to publicise it with photographs of himself as a woman. I wonder how those he promoted feel about it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 04:30 PM

Re: Comfortable with One's Gender

No idea but I have always thought that women are far nicer then men.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Think I prefer to be female, in fact I know I do - I suppose if I wasn't happy with that I'd have the same feelings ie trapped in the wrong body. Sometimes feel that way when it's time to lose a few lbs!!!
Not making light of it though, must be hell on earth.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 05:23 PM

I have read of many children 'knowing' they are in the wrong body, in fact I knew one such case many years ago.
Maybe this guy went into a manly sport as a cover of his true feelings, or thought he could change his feelings because of the involvement in this sport. Whatever the case, the feeling will not just go away - its in the genes and will always be there.
Even married men, have eventually confessed to the wife and many have come to terms and accepted the situation of 'he' now being a 'she'
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 05:32 PM

Well I know I was bound to be a woman and glad about it.
I saw Frank this morning on the news. Once as the man he has
been for 61 years and now as a Woman. He/she looks great as a woman
and I am so pleased that at last he has been able to become who
he/she thought she was all the time. The poor guy now woman.
If the hormones are female but you have the male tackle as they
call it then you have to become a male. Even though the female
part of you is crying out to be the woman you want to be.
It is a strange thing to go through and can see its not easy for
anyone but at last for him she is free. Shame she has to become public
about it but he/she probably feels that its something people should
discuss. I would personally support him/her even though I don't feel
that way myself. Kelly looks great as a woman and all I can say to
her is good luck for your future and enjoy being a woman at last. Bless.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:19 PM

When I heard this on the Radio, TBH, my first thought was, I could understand the mechanics of having parts removed, to turn a masculine body into a feminine one, how would it work in reverse, for a Man born in a Woman's body?, this besides, I hope the guy finds happiness as a result.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:34 PM

It must be absolute mental torture to be in that situation for most of your life and then an absolute release to finally have the courage to both admit it and act on it. Good luck to him, I hope he finds the contentment he seeks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When I heard this on the Radio, TBH, my first thought was, I could understand the mechanics of having parts removed, to turn a masculine body into a feminine one, how would it work in reverse, for a Man born in a Woman's body?, this besides, I hope the guy finds happiness as a result.
Don't need to know the 'intimate' details Spittie
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Nice legs!

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-08-2014, 06:45 PM

FAB ! Carol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top