Join for free
Page 8 of 19 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Re: Laboratory Experiments

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
There is an assumption that we are all the same and we are not.
No there is no such 'assumption' Wrinkly.

Most drugs in everyday use suit most people, but of course there will always be the exception, there are alternatives to every type of drug, none of us know if a drug can adversely affect us until we experience it.

Hence the information leaflets inside the packs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I can qualify what I said, when you go to the doctors, and say he gives you a drug that you are totally not suitable for, but they give it you all the same to see what your body does.
In my case it was oxytetracycline that meant I had to have immediate hospital treatment.
They gave me a statin that gave me severe cramp and I was on it for a long time, before uncle Joe told me to change to another statin, bingo it worked.
Drugs are given to people without testing them, they maybe all right on 90% of people but not the other 10%.
i can go along with it being bad luck, but we are not all the same.
I take one of the drugs which is highly dangerous, it hospitalised me 3 times in one year, before they got to the right dose, what I mean as hospitalised an in patient for a week at a time.
If that is not experimenting I don't know what is.
There is an assumption that we are all the same and we are not.
I agree, something always makes me wonder is doses, doesn't seem to matter if you are a tiny woman or a hulking 7foot man the same dose is given. In dogs this would never happen they are weighed and right dosage is calculated.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Julie.
Do you honestly post on here and not expect a response to your posts?...isn't that what messageboards are about?
No of course not I just don't expect my experience to be contradicted it's almost like being accused of being a liar it couldn't have been as I said. No one else does that and I don't do that to anyone so why do you think your experience trumps mine every time ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No of course not I just don't expect my experience to be contradicted it's almost like being accused of being a liar it couldn't have been as I said. No one else does that and I don't do that to anyone so why do you think your experience trumps mine every time ?
Julie it is as if you are only happy when everyone agrees with you..

I am sorry but it doesn't work like that.

So many inaccuracies are posted at times, so you will have to excuse me for correcting them with known facts.
Pats
Lincolnshire

31-01-2014, 06:55 PM

I agree, something always makes me wonder is doses, doesn't seem to matter if you are a tiny woman or a hulking 7foot man the same dose is given. In dogs this would never happen they are weighed and right dosage is calculated.
Sorry Julie but again that is another inaccuracy, not all drugs have to be, but for many types of drugs the dose should be prescribed according to a person's build.

I was recently given Amoxicillin and I was asked my weight and the dose given accordingly.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Interesting - I came across this and thought about your posting and to quote a very well known street philosopher

"So, what is the difference between fact and opinions?

There isn't one, and that's a fact"

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Julie it is as if you are only happy when everyone agrees with you..

I am sorry but it doesn't work like that.

So many inaccuracies are posted at times, so you will have to excuse me for correcting them with known facts.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Julie, I have wondered the same for a long time. All my dogs and cats' medication doses were based on their weight. I weigh less than 6 stone and I take the same doses for meds as a 12 stone person.
Pats
Lincolnshire

31-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Interesting - I came across this and thought about your posting and to quote a very well known street philosopher

"So, what is the difference between fact and opinions?

There isn't one, and that's a fact"
And your point is?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 08:14 PM

Doesn't stop stuff coming into the country from places they don't ban it.

So are you saying that the people at BUV who have campaigned for over 20 years or more to have not only all testing on animals banned and have succeeded with testing of cosmetics on animals, they have been wasting their time "Because we can still get it over the internet"?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 08:22 PM

No Pats when ever I say anything you seem to come along and contradict my experience of my own treatment, which is very rude really. I am not stupid I know what I have been given and what has been said to me.
Think all that Pats was pointing out that the drugs you where given had been tested on animals before they were given to you.

If they had not been tested on animals first and been given to you that would be illegal.

Page 8 of 19 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top