Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Re: lawn aerator shoes

Other half has http://www.greenfingers.com/product....&pf_id=LS9784D he used it the other day.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 08:27 PM

That's the one we have now - blooming hard work, Gabi. We bought it when we were fit

As for Joanne's money making invention ...............
Mmmm, how about making it more of a harness..then you could add a pocket or pouch to hold odd tools.
I think you'd need goggles, in case they 'pinged' off.
I like the idea of colour co-ordinated.
Mountain Lady
California
Mountain Lady is female  Mountain Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 08:31 PM

Janela, I think a harness could work if it was stylish enough. It would have to be colour coordinated for sure. Pockets and pouches could be a nice accessory if done tastefully, and a nice fabric of course. I like your idea of all the add-ons!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 08:49 PM

Yes, certainly got to be tastefully made - you wouldn't want to walk round the garden looking foolish!
A drink holder and somewhere to keep the mobile, might be nice.

Sorry Eric, I think Joanne and I have got carried away here I'll leave you in peace, got to take my medication
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Sounds as though it still needs working on so in the meantime.....the garden fork is still my tool of choice since the shoes are obviously a load of co****rs!!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Yes, Thanks all , did persevere a bit with different ways of fitting the straps with a bit of success but found the next problem was the long ends to the straps , in walking the lawn the spikes had gone through the strap end and I could not release them because I was nailed to the shed floor.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-04-2014, 09:46 AM

Oh dear Eric, what a pickle?
Now maybe the drinks holder and mobile pouch may not have been such a bad idea .. you wouldn't have gone thirsty, while 'phoning the emergency services.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 05:56 PM

Love this thread
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-04-2014, 08:19 PM

I've been giving this some more serious thought.
How about lederhosen?
The straps on the aerator shoes could be threaded up the leg and attached to the bib section.
And if you have a large area to cover with no seating, you could strap a folding chair to your back.

I would add only the knee length lederhosen, I think the very short ones are a bit ...
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by janela ->
i've been giving this some more serious thought.
How about lederhosen?
The straps on the aerator shoes could be threaded up the leg and attached to the bib section.
And if you have a large area to cover with no seating, you could strap a folding chair to your back.

I would add only the knee length lederhosen, i think the very short ones are a bit ...
cheeky ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top