Join for free
Page 199 of 259 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I was at a book sale at Christmas. I saw a book with not a scratch on it, and it was in a beautiful box cover. Inside was all kinds of things between the pages.

The first thing I looked at was a letter. A man admitting he killed someone. I was going to call 911. His marriage cert & birth certif was in there, all kinds of things...

Beautiful book. I am going to read it then look for a good home for it, as I am sure it must be worth something.........it is very special, and pictures also.

It is on TV but I have never watched it. My mom did I think.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Are you meaning a book about Corrie, Blue?
I'm a bit confused.
Hi Mups, yes it is probably about someone called Corrie, I haven't read it yet. Here is a picture, these aren't very good as I am doing it on my laptop in bed.

The first one is the cover, and the next few are one of the letters where a man admits to killing someone. there is birth certificates in there, photos, change of name, you name it, and I have all these these that all go into sleeves between the pages.

I have never come across a book with letters, etc in someone's own handwriting, and all other supporting documents, so legit, it seemed......

I am going to read it soon. Do you think a book like this is worth anything, or is it the way books are written in UK?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:11 AM

Blue honey...I have a beautiful book, all about Elvis, that Rich gave me many, many years ago...and it's similar to what you are describing. Mine is of a scrap book nature...but also telling a story. The pages are awesome because there's special little nuances...and envelopes, that you can open and take out the contents to read... I just love mine.

I think maybe this is what you've come across in your travels. "Coronation Street" is a TV series that's been on The CBC, Channel 6, for eons... I've never jumped in and followed it, as I've enough of mind testing drama, with "The Y&R." hahaha

Hope this helps...

BF...xo
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:21 AM

It must be basically the same thing Filly........Love Blue You must show me that book when I am down. I love Elvis also. Today is his birthday....
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 01:34 AM

It must be basically the same thing Filly........Love Blue You must show me that book when I am down. I love Elvis also. Today is his birthday....
Yes Blue...I think it must be the same sort of book...and the letters in yours are presumably written by the characters in the TV series, Coronation Street.

My book is within arms length of the sofa, with my Elvis LP's... If I forget to show you, please remind me, OK?

Yes ma'am...Elvis would have been 84 years old today.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Two blokes kissing..... And one with a beard.....

Yep, the vicar is a sucker for a basket case.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 10:33 AM

I have never come across a book with letters, etc in someone's own handwriting, and all other supporting documents, so legit, it seemed......

I am going to read it soon. Do you think a book like this is worth anything, or is it the way books are written in UK?

It was a book produced for the 50th anniversary of Coronation Street. The Amazon description reads

"Full of removable memorabilia, intricately reproduced in facsimile form, and hundreds of archive photographs, this unique album provides a wonderful record of 50 years of life on Britain's most-loved street. You'll find inside all sorts of lost treasures, from birth certificates and wedding invitations to birthday cards and prison visiting orders - and much, much more. This is an evocative history of each of the buildings on the Street, piecing together the stories of the generations that have passed through over the last 50 years from the evidence they've left behind."
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 10:47 AM

Hi Mups, yes it is probably about someone called Corrie, I haven't read it yet. Here is a picture, these aren't very good as I am doing it on my laptop in bed.

The first one is the cover, and the next few are one of the letters where a man admits to killing someone. there is birth certificates in there, photos, change of name, you name it, and I have all these these that all go into sleeves between the pages.

Nice present for a fan. Some include CD. Not worth much now, but maybe in years to come.

"Coronation Street" Treasures

Book by Tim Randall

"Coronation Street" Treasures

Containing previously unpublished removable memorabilia, intricately reproduced in facsimile form, this unique album provides an amazing record of 45 years of life on Britain's most famous street. House by house, we discover all sorts of fascinating lost treasures, from birth certificates, invitations, love letters and court summonses to divorce papers, old pub menus, newspaper cuttings, clocking-in cards from the factory, ads from the shop window and much more. And Coronation Street historian Tim Randall threads it all together to paint a vivid and evocative history of each premises on the street, piecing together the stories of each generation from the evidence they've left behind.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 11:11 AM

You wait all day for a description to come along and you end up getting two......
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 11:39 AM

Like waiting for a bus OGF, happens all the time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep, the vicar is a sucker for a basket case.

Page 199 of 259 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top