Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:50 AM

Re: The Chase

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think that's rubbish.....Toast should be done as quickly as possible. The hotter the heat source the better. The idea is to toast the surface without drying out the interior of the bread.

Too slow in a low heat source just dries out the whole of the bread making it crunchy and brittle.

Toasting bread on an open fire always makes the best toast, Yum! Yum!....

There will be a short intermission now while I go and do a slice...
And it depends on the thickness of the bread - the medium-sliced wholemeal I have comes out of the toaster like a cracker if toasted too long and breaks into pieces if any pressure is applied such as spreading Marmite on it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And it depends on the thickness of the bread - the medium-sliced wholemeal I have comes out of the toaster like a cracker if toasted too long and breaks into pieces if any pressure is applied such as spreading Marmite on it.
That's true Judd, I think that's why toasty bread is usually thicker...But I don't think toasters apply the heat fast enough....
I do my toast under a gas grill after it has warmed up.
Buying a gas cooker with gas grill was was the main considerations when we had a new kitchen a few years ago....
Although the Induction Hob is brill.....

Somebody on the chase tonight was asked.....What is the largest three figured odd number.....Answer......Pass....
My God!....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Watching the Chase tonight I'm amazed how many people consider watching TV a hobby.......Wonkers!

The Beast got beaten by a vicar who won £8000....And then he went on to break the table (the beast not the vicar) much to Bradley's Amazement....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 07:20 AM

It may be possible to think quicker, against the clock, without a team.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 08:55 AM

Watching the Chase tonight I'm amazed how many people consider watching TV a hobby.......Wonkers!

The Beast got beaten by a vicar who won £8000....And then he went on to break the table (the beast not the vicar) much to Bradley's Amazement....
Ha ha. Yes I saw that. It's no wonder the Beast used to be a bouncer.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes you're right Spitty, and you don't fall into the 'Wrong Person Answer' trap....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think that is true. You don't have to worry about passing when someone might know the answer.

The ones that annoy me are the ones that think about the answer for a few hours, then pass. Surely you must know if you know the answer or not?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha ha. Yes I saw that. It's no wonder the Beast used to be a bouncer.
He certainly takes it personally when he loses Longdogs....Good Morning by the way.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-09-2019, 09:01 AM

He certainly takes it personally when he loses Longdogs....Good Morning by the way.....
Good morning Sir. Have a nice day and don't let the buggers get you down.... report them to the Mods instead.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-09-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good morning Sir. Have a nice day and don't let the buggers get you down.... report them to the Mods instead.
Haha, thanks Longdogs, but when you've been married to Mrs Fox for forty odd years nothing on the forum comes close to peeing me off....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top