Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Re: Some people seem not to care about their pet’s welfare .

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Not if you take them in the fields , my dog runs for miles,never puts his feet on the pavement very often....so his claws need trimming.
So does mine.
Still doesn’t need trimming how do you think wild dogs and wolves manage.?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So does mine.
Still doesn’t need trimming how do you think wild dogs and wolves manage.?

Jacks does...and yes his nails need trimming.....the field is soft on his nails, he needs walking on hard ground for his nails not to be trimmed.
All explained to me by my vet.also most wild animals don’t live to old age.the vet and I were talking about this a few days back..Jacks teeth need cleaning, that’s how the subject of wild animals came up...infection would kill many wild animals,etc.
Doesn’t mean people don’t walk their dogs, because they need their nails clipped, we have domesticated animals who live much longer than wild animals....because of the veterinary surgeons...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
De clawing must be because I witnessed someone with her cat at the vets waiting for a declaw. It was about ten years ago and it was a lady in a wheelchair who did not like her cat to be sticking her claws into her. She was explaining about the declawing but I remember being shocked and upset but of course polite. I had never heard of such a thing. So Mups I am sure it happens. When would it have been made illegal?

Here you go Annie.

" After consultation with veterinary experts, the United Kingdom banned declawing of cats back in 2006. In the grand scheme of things, that was not long ago. It was banned as a part of anti-cruelty laws and knowing the reasons people have it done and the procedure, you will hopefully see why it’s termed as cruel.

If a cat is declawed in the UK (you would be extremely hard-pressed to find anyone to do it), there is also a fine up to £20,000 if convicted."
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:09 PM

I think it is crazy when some people treat animals like surrogate humans. One should not be deliberately cruel to them, but nor should they prolong their lives when they are seriously ill,

Many years ago we had a cat, which was ill. We took it to the vet who said it kidneys were failing and it needed dialysis, we ask him to put it down, which was far kinder than keeping it alive.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I think it is crazy when some people treat animals like surrogate humans. One should not be deliberately cruel to them, but nor should they prolong their lives when they are seriously ill,

Many years ago we had a cat, which was ill. We took it to the vet who said it kidneys were failing and it needed dialysis, we ask him to put it down, which was far kinder than keeping it alive.

My dog is my family, I agree about prolonging their lives if they are seriously ill, but it can be difficult to let go for some ,because the animal is all they have.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here you go Annie.

" After consultation with veterinary experts, the United Kingdom banned declawing of cats back in 2006. In the grand scheme of things, that was not long ago. It was banned as a part of anti-cruelty laws and knowing the reasons people have it done and the procedure, you will hopefully see why it’s termed as cruel.

If a cat is declawed in the UK (you would be extremely hard-pressed to find anyone to do it), there is also a fine up to £20,000 if convicted."
Before covid arrived animals were taken to be declawed etc often to France and especially Spain where vets are much more relaxed about such treatments.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Dogs are obviously not your area of expertise.

Then enlighten me please and kindly answer my question without being rude if possible, then you can feel proud you helped my lack of 'expertise,' seeing as you are the leading expert on all things Dog, and I am the ignorant one.

What breed of dogs were these sniffer/attack you're talking about?
Are they Schutzhund trained?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-05-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My dog is my family, I agree about prolonging their lives if they are seriously ill, but it can be difficult to let go for some ,because the animal is all they have.

Pauline, loving and caring deeply for our animals is something RJG does not agree with or comprehend.
Her past views of keeping animals are well known to older members. Don't worry about it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->

That's a shame, RJG, did your cat have a name?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pauline, loving and caring deeply for our animals is something RJG does not agree with or comprehend.
Her past views of keeping animals are well known to older members. Don't worry about it.

My dog sleeps with me, the thing is, he has his own pillow, but he prefers his cage at night, why do you think that is, Mups?

I find that strange, as he’s in the bed all day?

Obviously not when go walking over the fields. Which is every day.

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top