Join for free
Page 21 of 29 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:01 AM

Re: Matt Hancocks Affair

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Cameras are in buildings as a matter of course for security purposes.

The question is who gave the footage to the press.
Someone who wanted him gone. The Cummings comments clearly put him on the exit chute but they needed a stronger excuse than a former advisor. They have dirt on everyone do they not? Isn't that what whips use to push through the party line?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
If a politician is in power....yes, it was broken, but imo, for all the right reasons.
What were those reasons in your opinion?

If it was to expose him as a hypocrite for breaking his own guidance, then one has to wonder why someone held onto this video for over a month (the "event" took place some time in May) instead of getting it out there immediately "in the public interest".

As an aside, it seems that Hancock and Gina have left their partners and set up house together.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:04 AM

For all we know it could have been another politician....someone was keeping a close eye on him....imo...it’s like it was a set up.well thought out, Just my thoughts.

Security cameras yes, but not inside a smoke detector as Art said it was placed.
Unsure where the info about a smoke detector comes from, but some products can look like detectors to hide their purpose. Nothing unusual about that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:06 AM

What were those reasons in your opinion?

If it was to expose him as a hypocrite for breaking his own guidance, then one has to wonder why someone held onto this video for over a month (the "event" took place some time in May) instead of getting it out there immediately "in the public interest".

As an aside, it seems that Hancock and Gina have left their partners and set up house together.
I never knew that they held onto the camera footage for over a month....

Have no idea why they did that.

I was under the belief that the footage was released to the press straight away,...you never know what to believe, but obviously there is no unbelieving that footage.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-06-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Someone who wanted him gone. The Cummings comments clearly put him on the exit chute but they needed a stronger excuse than a former advisor. They have dirt on everyone do they not? Isn't that what whips use to push through the party line?
Obviously someone who wanted him gone.

Sending a copy of it to the chief whip or some other office would have been equally effective since, once aware of it, Hancock would have known the writing was on the wall and might have been able to resign without it ever coming out in public.

Money has most likely changed hands on this.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-06-2021, 11:08 AM

I never knew that they held onto the camera footage for over a month....

Have no idea why they did that.

I was under the belief that the footage was released to the press straight away,...you never know what to believe, but obviously there is no unbelieving that footage.
True.

What were the "right reasons" you mentioned earlier?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:10 AM

Unsure where the info about a smoke detector comes from, but some products can look like detectors to hide their purpose. Nothing unusual about that.

I know all about hidden cameras, again how do we know the information about the smoke detector is true.

Hidden cameras come in all sorts of objects...

I am very aware of potential hidden cameras, seen them a lot in the care field...
Watched a lot of footage caught on camera, abuse of the elderly .
Also in residential kitchens.( care homes)

I believe they are more widespread nowadays....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-06-2021, 11:14 AM

I know all about hidden cameras, again how do we know the information about the smoke detector is true.

Hidden cameras come in all sorts of objects...

I am very aware of potential hidden cameras, seen them a lot in the care field...

Also in residential kitchens.( care homes)

I believe they are more widespread nowadays....
I agree with all of this. No idea where the smoke detector info came from, nor indeed whether it's really relevant unless someone is suggesting a covert operation which begs other somewhat obvious questions.

I suspect that the footage comes from the system already legitimately installed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-06-2021, 11:16 AM

True.

What were the "right reasons" you mentioned earlier?

In this case..the right reason, being caught for the good...not for him...but uncovering his “ deceit “ ... just because he is is a “ politician “ doesn’t excuse his behaviour...

It needed to be highlighted .which it was, therefore those were the consequences.

Sorry edited my post.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 11:17 AM

Cameras are in buildings as a matter of course for security purposes.

The question is who gave the footage to the press.
Yes, l know that but wasn’t this a secret camera located within the smoke alarm?
It seems the footage of the security recording was filmed onto a mobile phone and then forwarded to the Sun newspaper.

Page 21 of 29 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top