Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 10:55 PM

Re: 10cc

Never a favourite band of mine but the documentary was very interesting, detailing the development of their recording techniques .....
Thandie
New Member!
West Yorkshire
Thandie is female 

11-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, but I have just come across the group's comments on the excellent doc about 10cc on BBC4 last week.
For anyone who is a fan of this brilliant band I would like to heartily recommend an interview with Eric Stewart that was broadcast a couple of years ago. You can find it on an Australian radio station called Southern FM 88.3 and Eric Stewart was interviewed by Nick Black on his Purple Haze radio show. Definitely worth a listen. Over 2 hours there are lots of Mindbenders and 10cc songs as well as lots of interesting info from Eric.
Thandie xxx
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Hello Thandie and welcome, i had forgotten the Mindbenders connection,if im honest i prefer the work of Godley and Creme to the other members in 10cc, as it was more experimental and leftfield, but all 4 have contributed much to the British music scene.
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 05:25 PM

10cc was one of my favorite bands while in high school and early college. "I'm Not In Love" was the song that prompted me to buy my first 10cc album and I bought all of the albums after that through Deceptive Bends.

I really liked the band because their songs were all like little short stories and sometimes like chapters in a book. The music was always interesting and I liked the way the would switch up the rhythms and keys throughout the songs.

One of my favorite songs from them came out after Godley and Creme left the band, but my favorite albums were all while they were in the band. The favorite song is "Feel The Benefit" and I love the dual guitar finish to the song, one of my favorite guitar pieces in a song as well.

I stopped listening to them in the 90's and occasionally listen to a song or two just to get a little fix.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 05:54 PM

Great post Tony

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top