Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: Exit Poll - A Labour Catastrophe

Question for the more knowledgeable.

What now happens to all the BrExit Party MPs that we voted into the European Parliament ?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Once Corbyn has gone will labour regain its voters??
Donkeyman!
They might,but it will take an exceptional person to come along as leader and they will certainly have to get their selves organised. . If staunch Labour areas like Bolsover can go over to the Conservatives they certainly have their work cut out to clamber back out of the mire.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
They might,but it will take an exceptional person to come along as leader and they will certainly have to get their selves organised. . If staunch Labour areas like Bolsover can go over to the Conservatives they certainly have their work cut out to clamber back out of the mire.
I hear Jo Swinson is looking for a job.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:45 PM

Labour certainly need to just get on with purging the Communist/Marxist extreme lefty elements of the party and try to restore itself to the true Labour Party again.

However they need to be realistic and see that for many years they are just going to be a complete irrelevance to UK politics.

The focus will most definitely remain with BrExit and the public will never veer from their pressing desire to see BrExit properly delivered. Everything else just pales into insignificance sadly so the sooner the Establishment cave in and allow us to Leave the EU the sooner we can all get back to ordinary national affairs.

If they don't however then UK politics will remain in a state of utter constitutional crisis ultimately leading to mass civil unrest imho.

Their choice.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:59 PM

I am a little concerned about how Brexit will actually pan out for our country and think there is a bumpy road ahead. I voted stay and am still not convinced that we should be leaving, but accept that democracy must prevail, in spite of their being a small majority leave vote. Brexit dominates everything in politics now and that can't be a good thing. It won't be important for me and many on this forum as we will be long gone by the time the effects of leaving become real. Our children and their children may not forgive us - but time will tell, I suppose. None of us have a crystal ball into the future. I hope we don't go too far down the road of poverty and insignificance and that we can keep our heads above water. Perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but I have not seen much to make me feel otherwise.

Edited to add: I am pleased we had enough sense to return a Conservative government so I suppose it can't all be bad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

What now happens to all the BrExit Party MPs that we voted into the European Parliament ?
They will remain there until we have left, making a real nuisance of themselves and doing their best to undermine the workings of the EU.

If they want shut of them, they'll just have to agree to our leaving!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Provided you leave on 31 january 2020, after that date they are out of their jobs. They will get payed for another 3 months, and that will be the end of it.

Any laws that are moved through europarliament before 31 december 2020 will be discussed without UK representation, but the resulting law(s) will still be applicable on/in the UK. As will al the other laws that the UK has adopted on the basis of EU directives.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Meanwhile, in Scotland it’s 48 seats out of 59 for the SNP! Happy days, you’ll be hearing from us.

No-one's listening, No-one cares.

SNP only got 45% of the vote...........Not enough for a mandate
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2019, 10:49 PM

but accept that democracy must prevail, in spite of their being a small majority leave vote.

I think after the results of this election we can safely deduce that actually there are far more BrExiteers in the country than the referendum highlighted.

Let's be clear.

There was only one party that was standing on the completely anti-BrExit ticket and that was the Lib Dems.

Labour only vowed to have a 2nd referendum

When faced with the certainty of having Article 50 revoked or the gamble of a 2nd referendum it's not unreasonable to say that any true Remainer would go for the Article 50 revoke.

Therefore any actual Remainers who prioritised Remaining in the EU over everything else would surely have voted for the Lib Dems. That was their opportunity to scupper BrExit.

What actually happened?

Lib Dems only got 3.6m votes

Conservatives got 14m votes

I think we can thus safely assume that there are far far more BrExiteers in the country than the referendum highlighted. Obviously many of them didn't bother voting in the referendum but they have voted now.

Thus had we actually had a 2nd referendum it would have been the same Leave result and Remainiacs would have been demanding a 3rd referendum.

I'm personally heartened by the election result and the knowledge that there are far more switched on upstanding Brits in the country than I previously thought who all want out of the EU cesspit.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2019, 11:00 PM

I vote Conservative Realist (I usually do). However, I do have concerns for the future and am not as optimistic about the benefits of Brexit as many are.
This link is somewhat indicative of my thoughts. There are no crystal balls to help and other world events may well come in to play, but given this - any reason for concern do you think?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top