Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 06:58 PM

Re: Electric cars by 2030

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't how it will pan out. Currently the cost for domestic energy would favour the EV. But then vehicle fuel tax is a huge chunk for petrol and Diesel. I think significantly more than the EV. Is it fair? Dunno..........
When EVs become commonplace, I am absolutely sure that there will be an additional tax applied on the supply of electricity.
When it comes to money, the government are highly adaptable and will simply replace their income from existing fuel types to the forthcoming/projected fuel type!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I is here.

There are courses for electricians to go on how to install EV charging points in homes - these homes typically have private drives and garages to install the equipment. If you have to park on the road, you're knackered. (Sparky's technical term).
Yes, particularly with larger homes with greater capacity. Some with 3-phase I've known of. But not a lot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:54 AM

Emigrate to Cornwall and get a job in the Lithium Mine.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEjT...hannel=TopGear
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 10:24 AM

As an aside to this thread I have just seen this on a news channel, something different I guess – registration plates showing the vehicle to which they are attached is an electric one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/55229009
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 12:00 PM

The rush to make us all use electric cars and cut our carbon footprint by 2030......Why don't we just say NO!.
If it happens It will seriously affect the unemployed and working classes, whereas the posh gets in government will not be affected at all...And there are more of us than them...

They buggered up the country by taking us into the EU, and then into an illegal war, now they are doing the same with all this green nonsense. They have made some very poor decisions over the years, it's time the people took back control of OUR country.

I think it's just a vanity thing by Boris anyway, he's probably working towards a Nobel peace prize or something before he gets chucked out of government at the next election.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-12-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
As an aside to this thread I have just seen this on a news channel, something different I guess – registration plates showing the vehicle to which they are attached is an electric one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/55229009
Yes, I read that. It allows free parking among other benefits.

I'm going to get myself a roll of self-adhesive green tape!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I read that. It allows free parking among other benefits.

I'm going to get myself a roll of self-adhesive green tape!
We ALL used to get free parking, remember those days? Until parking meters came in sharply followed by off-street car parks and then multi-storey car parks. That meant another captive lot of people paying for what used to be free any and everywhere!

The green tape idea is great but how on earth do you make an 'ordinary' car look as ugly and unappealing as some of those electric cars?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-12-2020, 01:46 PM

We ALL used to get free parking, remember those days? Until parking meters came in sharply followed by off-street car parks and then multi-storey car parks. That meant another captive lot of people paying for what used to be free any and everywhere!
Yes, I remember that, but by the time I started driving the rot had set in.

The green tape idea is great but how on earth do you make an 'ordinary' car look as ugly and unappealing as some of those electric cars?
I think I'd have to obtain, or make, some convincing badges to look like the real electric cars have. Maybe even try to hide the exhaust pipe!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 09:40 PM

Looks like the general public have been shafted again....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top