Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 01:33 PM

Re: Are You Common If You Hang Your Washing Out On A Washing Line?

I don’t hang out washing since the lady next door got very confrontational accusing me of stealing her underwear from her washing line....I can tell you...I nearly pooped her pants.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by primus1 ->
i don’t hang out washing since the lady next door got very confrontational accusing me of stealing her underwear from her washing line....i can tell you...i nearly pooped her pants.....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 02:58 PM

I'm going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried line...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I don’t hang out washing since the lady next door got very confrontational accusing me of stealing her underwear from her washing line....I can tell you...I nearly pooped her pants.....
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 06:51 PM

Common seems a very strange notion relating to washing lines!
Yes I always hang washing out, all year round.
The green method too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was talking to someone and telling him how l loved to hang my washing out and see it blowing in the wind.
He told me his late wife would never have a washing line and hang washing out as it was common! She dried all her washing in the tumble drier.

I couldn’t believe what he was saying as l had never heard such a thing before but on googling it... some do deem it as ‘common’ to have a washing line!

Have you ever heard such a thing and what are your thoughts on this?
Silly inverted snob !
Bet she never had sec either probably thought it was too common
I will not use a timber dryer it ecologically damaging uses loads of electricity and I like the smell of washing dried in the open air .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm thinking of hiring them out as barrage balloons in case of alien invasion.

Twink what are you like
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 07:05 PM

I've just had a memory flashback from many years ago when a friend moved into a nice village . She told me that first week she had quite a bit of bedding and washing to do so she hung it out in the garden . A neighbour called round to tell her that no one in the area hung washing out on the line on a Sunday and would she take it in right away .

She did too . How awkward
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've just had a memory flashback from many years ago when a friend moved into a nice village . She told me that first week she had quite a bit of bedding and washing to do so she hung it out in the garden . A neighbour called round to tell her that no one in the area hung washing out on the line on a Sunday and would she take it in right away .

She did too . How awkward
I can remember the days when we couldn't put our washing out on a Sunday too. We couldn't even play a game of cards either
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2020, 07:37 PM

My mother was like that hanging out washing on a Sunday was a mortal sin .
I blame those Irish priests

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top