Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 06:46 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Now there's a thing..............
I’m trying to read them all and decipher what’s being said very em..em..interesting
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
School mashed potato.
Luke warm with grey lumps even now I feel sick at the thought .
My schools used powdered potato, not only did they taste foul they were often not mixed properly so you could get a mouthful of powder. Absolutely disgusting.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:53 PM

Fat on meat.....I have to cut off every last vestige, but I like lean meat that's well done, none of this rare cooked pink chewy stuff.....
Skin on gravy or custard makes me bilious, and burnt Yorkshire puddings are gross..... Kidney is good, and liver and onions is delicious, but that about does it for offal...Love all vegetables, and my mash potato is legendary...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Baked beans on toast is a UK staple! How ever will you survive? And cottage pie and Shepard’s pie is another UK staple.

They have got to be Heinz though .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Same as now frankly. Cabbage, Broccolli, cauliflower... actually any veggie, I rarely eat veggies at all with the occasional exception of potato, carrots, peas and sweet corn. I prefer rice to potato

When I was young if cabbage was put on the plate I wouldn't eat anything on the plate, these days I would just scrape it into the bin.

I do eat veggies in Chinese or Thai food, perhaps the European way of preparing veggies is too boring?
It’s terrible Mr M like his veggies dead cooked to extinction
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 01:08 PM

When it comes to mashed spuds --- MUST be mashed with butter, cream/milk mix, salt and black pepper. Dried potato (only Smash though) is great if good dollop of butter, salt, and goodly load of black pepper mixed in.

Works well as the basis of bubble and squeak. Leave out the butter and add a bit of grated onion and an egg and not a bad quick and dirty latkes mix - best fried in chicken schmaltz which is rendered chicken fat otherwise peanut oil.

Since we discovered Sweet Potatoes we mostly stick to them. Washed well, dried, pricked once, and nuked in the micro then slit lengthwise, bit of salt, knob of butter - to die for!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 02:52 PM

Minced meat pie
Fruitcake

Love yams.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Kippers & I still hate them. In fact any fish with bones in them, they turn my tummy.
I'm with you on that one Tiff as those small bones are just too much faff. I do like anchovies from a tin though as by the time they reach my plate, the bones have all been absorbed or thoroughly softened during the canning process :thumbup:
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 05:31 PM

Tripe and onions, didn't like it as a kid and still hate the stuff
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 11:47 PM

mushrooms, honey, soup, never into bread but then I've since found a gluten problem. just happy nobody forced me to eat tripe as a child. Just my dad used to eat it. Soup is a funny one. it's a great survival food. Am I the only one with a soup problem? I was talking to a colleague about this recently, about being in the mood for soup. Are we too fussy these days?

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top