Join for free
Page 10 of 19 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 10:41 AM

Re: I'm A Celebrity will swap jungle for ruined British castle, ITV says

I must say it seems quite comfy in the castle even I wouldn't mind spending time there . Not the trials though . They seem to have soft bedding to lie on and are all warm . I wonder if the smoke from the fire escapes through a hole in the roof , though there doesn't appear to be any rain inside .

Yes they seem a nice bunch of folk
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 07:02 PM

I have to say, l am quite amazed at this series viewing figures so far....

Quote.. l’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! opened to its highest viewing figures in seven years, despite coronavirus shaking up the show's traditional format. The first episode of the new series drew an average of 10.9 million viewers, with the show peaking at one point with a total of 12 million.

I think that figure went up by another million since it began on Sunday. They are doing well!

I watched the opening show to see who was going into the castle and that was going to be it!
But.....I carried on watching after l saw Jordan overcoming his fear of heights to climb down that cliff... but is he game playing? He is funny though in the things he says!
I can’t listen to or watch Bev’s mouth! Sorry!
Bigheaded Shane, ‘l’ve been voted the sexiest man, three times running’ and name-dropping is starting to irritate me!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:36 AM

Morning Celeb fans

Have to say I was suspect of of Bev being vegan...my sister is vegan and no way would she eat butter. Having said that I might have said the same if I were her ...i would have to refuse those eating trials.

I'm enjoying the series so far...I'm glad Jordan wasn't picked for the latest trial it will be interesting how Mo copes....easily I suspect.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 11:27 AM

Halfway through the episode last night I completely lost interest - VD kept dashing to the forefront every 5 minutes, R & R "pranked", and Shane and Bev played "Spot the Difference .....

By now, I expected JN to "Beat the Bugs" in his "Tunnel Trial", so I FF'd ..... and he had (12 Stars won) .....

Squirrel for Supper (including MO and Bev ..... ?) with a Sweet ..... then .....

The castle looks like a studio set, the plot is pantomime, the acting is Am-Dram and the living is easy .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 11:42 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13240297...ll-celeb-live/

I’M A Celebrity stars will have to shower more often — to help stave off a coronavirus outbreak in camp.

Castle campmates including Shane Richie, Sir Mo Farah and AJ Pritchard have been reminded of the importance of “good hygiene”.

Earlier this week Jordan North and AJ Pritchard admitted they hadn't changed their underwear in over a week.

A source said: “Regular washing is the way to keep the bug at bay, as the government has reiterated from the word go. ITV have worked so hard to get to this point, so the last thing they want is something to derail that. If one of them was to pick up Covid it could easily tear through camp and put the whole show at risk.”
Durrty boys .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 12:22 PM

I did wonder if they all would shower daily. Agree the set all looks a bit too comfy about time a few rats were let in to run around their feet to make them run and jump

Jordan had done well I like him . Shane is quick witted and seems genuine enough , I still think they are a decent bunch just having a laugh and getting very well paid for it , something to do during lockdown I guess
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I did wonder if they all would shower daily. Agree the set all looks a bit too comfy about time a few rats were let in to run around their feet to make them run and jump

Jordan had done well I like him . Shane is quick witted and seems genuine enough , I still think they are a decent bunch just having a laugh and getting very well paid for it , something to do during lockdown I guess
I'd think they would, specially if they are doing trials involving creepy crawlies, they all say those bugs stink.
I think Jordon was brilliant in the trial all alone, but wonder if a lot of his attitude was maybe acting before hand. Not his fear of heights, I think that was genuine.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I would guess that, in a castle that old and that size in that huge parkland, there are hundreds of rats in the vicinity, no more than 50m away .....

They're too scared of VD (Victoria Derbyshire) to make an appearance .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-11-2020, 04:57 AM

IAC RTF (Return To Form) .....

No bonhomie yesterday morning - grumpiness prevailed - it seems that snoring/sleep-talking is interrupting others sleep ..... Bev is one culprit .....

More one-upmanship around Ye Olde Camp-Fyre:
  • Bev trained with Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Russell was a Rear of the Year
  • Vernon was nominated for Rear of the Year
  • Russell performed privately for the Pope in Vatican City but the performance was simultaneously watched by 500,000,000 television viewers

The Pope has it .....

Then Russell recounted his history with brain tumours, one of which nearly killed him (and had to be extracted through his nose) - like him, I've been "at death's door", so I was simultaneously entralled and empathetic .....

Just between Shane and Ruthie From the Sun (because I missed the exchange):

Shane: ‘Tell me more about Buckingham Palace…’

Prince Edward's ex girlfriend Ruthie: 'I shagged in the palace'.

She couldn't wait to tell Shane that after all his name dropping this week.
TBH, Ruthie, Prince Edward is nothing to boast about .....

Castele Coin - Robin's Nest (or somesuch) - FF'd - Completed - Ye Olde Shoppe - Jelly Worms - Adults/Age - Incorrect Answer - Losers again .....

Vote for Camp Leader announced - I'm guessing Mo (especially after his trial) ..... :

Fort Locks - Mo's Trial

1. Extract Key on Chain from Hell Hole (Variable Organic Contents)
  2. Drag to Locked Crevice
  3. Unlock Barred Crevice (One of Possible Three)
  4. Extract Star from Infested Crevice (Variable Organic Contents) while under
  5. Bombardment from Above (Variable Organic Missiles)

Yep - it was "wet yourself" time as Mo shrieked and screamed his way to a very creditable 9 stars .....

Burrell ..... ? ..... probably not ..... but close .....

So, Mo returns to Camp stinking of fish-guts and what's for dinner ..... ? ..... Cuttlefish (sort of squid) ..... it looked repellent but, apparently, tasted wonderful ..... Happy Campers .....

Live Trial - Lords v Ladies - Coin Retrieval

4 Rounds

J & S v H R - Stinking Trough - 3-2
V v V - Infested Cage - 11-6 (VD silenced for once)
AJ v J - Rats in Stocks - 8-8 (J almost bottled it)
M & R v B & G - Critters and Snakes - 9-8

Lords 31 - Ladies 24 - The Lords have it 31-24 .....

To the Winners - A Banquet .....

To the Losers - Rice'n'Beans AND automatic selection for the next Trial .....

A lot to enjoy in ONE episode .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 07:19 AM

It was a very full episode....i know what you mean about the set looking like a pantomime the picture with the moving eyes doesn't help...it all looks very staged to be fair they didn't have much option although I think it needs something else....its all a bit too comfortable.

I hope it holds my interest.

Page 10 of 19 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top