Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:50 PM

If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

Would you be proud...or ashamed?

Look around you. Is your home tidy, with nothing out of place? Is it a mess, and needs a damn good clear up?

No cheating. It's right now.

Mine? Messy! (So yes, ashamed me.)

My coffee table in the front room has no room for anything to go on it, as it includes magazines, remotes, my cash and spend diaries, receipts, a saucer, medication, and probably a lot more.

There are dog toys all over the floor.

A small glass in which I've just had orange juice, and another one with water that's on the mantel piece.

The library book I am currently reading is on the sofa beside me.

Various sets of dry clothes hanging over doorways on hangers.

The back room? Oh, pulleaaaaaze!! Two airers, full of clothes that were in the WM, then dryer. The small dining table is loaded with shopping from today, the sideboard has goodness knows what on top, and I only cleared that the other day. Holly's small fluffy bed, that she likes to suckle at times, is in the middle of the floor. A now redundant telephone table currently has a new pack of toilet tissues and kitchen rolls on the top, and clothing over the backs of both chairs (trousers, blouse, fleece, and a kaftan).

The kitchen has a lot of washing up in the bowl, and both ipad and phone are out on charge.

Phew. Well, I have been out all day, shopping, and then cooking supper, and well, I haven't had time or inclination to tackle it. You?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:15 PM

Re: If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

This is the oven/hob with the reflection mostly into the living room. I think we keep it tidy for us and neighbours.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:21 PM

Never mind, Jazzi. It’s a home where you are happy, not a show home.
People don’t come to see your home, they come to see you. Why should you have to impress anyone?

My house at the moment, is not too bad. I have been in the mood for clearing, tidying and cleaning. The thing is, no one is visiting due to lockdown!
You can bet they all visit when it’s cluttered again!

I have one room that l put all the junk in and that’s mainly ‘other peoples’ stuff. Mostly, belonging to my children who have come back to live with me but then moved out leaving their stuff with me.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:27 PM

I couldn’t give a stuff what anybody thinks about my house. They can take it or leave it. It actually looks OK but not spotless. I am spending my time visiting my Mum whomis on end of life care.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:46 PM

It's not bad in here right now. Just washed and tidied up after dinner and we're watching TV. Drinking tea and coffee. I'd be OK if anyone came in.

Nobody has come inside since the first lockdown started and isn't likely to, so we could keep it messy and nobody would know.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

I would be damned annoyed that he didn't wait for me to open it first, and I would certainly expect him to pay for the damage.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Look around you. Is your home tidy, with nothing out of place? Is it a mess, and needs a damn good clear up?

No cheating. It's right now.

Mine? Messy! (So yes, ashamed me.)

My coffee table in the front room has no room for anything to go on it, as it includes magazines, remotes, my cash and spend diaries, receipts, a saucer, medication, and probably a lot more.

There are dog toys all over the floor.

A small glass in which I've just had orange juice, and another one with water that's on the mantel piece.

The library book I am currently reading is on the sofa beside me.

Various sets of dry clothes hanging over doorways on hangers.

The back room? Oh, pulleaaaaaze!! Two airers, full of clothes that were in the WM, then dryer. The small dining table is loaded with shopping from today, the sideboard has goodness knows what on top, and I only cleared that the other day. Holly's small fluffy bed, that she likes to suckle at times, is in the middle of the floor. A now redundant telephone table currently has a new pack of toilet tissues and kitchen rolls on the top, and clothing over the backs of both chairs (trousers, blouse, fleece, and a kaftan).

The kitchen has a lot of washing up in the bowl, and both ipad and phone are out on charge.

Phew. Well, I have been out all day, shopping, and then cooking supper, and well, I haven't had time or inclination to tackle it. You?
Mine is absolutely clean and welcoming! But don’t beat yourself up, you clean when you can - it’s your home.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:58 PM

Those of you citing Covid rules aren't playing the game, are you?? Pretend!! Well at least one or two of you gave sensible answers, lol.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
This is the oven/hob with the reflection mostly into the living room. I think we keep it tidy for us and neighbours.

Very cosy and neat Visitor. All that’s missing in the reflection is your handsome face
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
This is the oven/hob
That oven door is spotless, Besoeker, I'm very impressed.

Would you like to see a photo of what it would look like if you hadn't cleaned it since last January?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top