Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Anna Soubry - What a Hypocrite!

Had to laugh at that moronoc woman Soubry in the headlines. Just listen to the crap she is spouting, The woman is delusional!!

Anna Soubry MOCKED after claiming: “NOT having a people’s vote was DENYING democracy”

Remainer, Anna Soubry was mocked on social media from viewers who disagreed with her claim that a failure to have a people’s vote would be denying democracy. Mrs Soubry has maintained the argument that the British people should have the “final say” on Brexit and has endorsed the idea of a second referendum with the option to Remain
In the EU. During her speech, Mrs Soubry said: “It’s undemocratic, It’s plain wrong to deny the people of this country rights enjoyed by Members of Parliament.
“And the polls show that people are changing their minds about Brexit."

“Now not in the way that some Conservative MPs have switched from Remain to Leave to please their local Conservative association members.

“But older Leave voters who’ve listened to their children and their grandchildren, who understand that Brexit is about those future generations not their own antagonism towards the EU.

“That is why there is this growing majority in our country who now believe that we should remain in the EU”.

Despite Mrs Soubry’s confidence that the UK was shifting towards supporting Remain, viewers took to Twitter to mock and disagree with the Change UK MP.

Some social media users noted the seeming hypocrisy from the former Tory MP who refused to hold a by-election when she resigned from the party earlier this year.

John Bii tweeted: “Soubry’s been saying that for 3 years? Yet she will still lose a by-election and she knows it.”

Social Media user David Ware agreed and said: “Let’s deny the first one, but a second one is the biggest denial of democracy?” “Someone isn’t very self-aware.”

Other commenters challenged the Remainer’s argument and disagreed strongly against her claim.

Twitter user Clive Willis wrote: “Oh but she doesn’t believe in democracy enough to have a by-election. As her constituents who voted for a Conservative member, not for a whatever party she is today”.

Another tweeted: “If we don’t leave after the result of the 2016 referendum, it’ll be the biggest denial of democracy ever”. “Polls show people hardening minds about Brexit and obstructive MPs.
“Anna Soubry couldn’t care less about public mood and is happy to trash UK democracy to reverse Brexit”.

UNQUOTE.

Really? This traitorous woman makes me want to reach for the sick bag!. She gives me the same reaction as Grieve, Thornberry and Starmer. They just make things up as they go along. Ruddy hypocrites. I can’t wait for the lot of them to be shown the door.

What are your thoughts on this stupid woman?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Re: Anna Soubry - What a Hypocrite!

It's no wonder they are behind the lib dems in the polls.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:10 PM

I think she's lost the plot tbh.

It would seem she's just as stubborn as Mrs May, 'my way or the high way' .

It would clearly be the fault of the 'older' generation. Well Soubry, you're not so young yourself now, even if you do wear leggings !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:19 PM

I find Soubry loud and grating. I have doubt she will lose her place as an MP at the next election.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:37 PM

She comes across to me as a sour-faced whinger.

Still, she won't be in the Commons after 2022, along with many other MPs who have no interest in democracy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:51 PM

I quite fancy her.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:56 PM

We should have left the EU on 29th March 2019, which would have meant that we would not be electing any more MEPs

However, the betrayal by our MPs and their subsequent messing about means that we will now be leaving the EU on 31st October 2019
This means that we will be required to hold elections for MEPs on 23rd May 2019

Thus the elections for MEPs would effectively be a second referendum
Opinion polls show that the two Leave parties have gained a lot of support at the expense of Lab, and especially Con, and so Lab&Con are facing a considerable trouncing

Remain parties, such as Lib and the Tiggers (or whatever they call themselves this week) don't appear to have much support at all, so if that is reflected in the MEP election perhaps that will send them a clear message, and reinforce the idea that they've had their second/losers referendum - well it should, but I doubt if it will shut them up, since experience has shown that Remainers refuse to accept a majority decision

Elections for MEPs need not be held if a leaving deal can be produced before then, and as the main parties must realise that they will not do very well, I have a strong, cynical suspicion that Theresa the Betrayer and Steptoe Corbyn are cooking up a weak, lousy deal as fast as possible
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:41 PM

She's always pissed
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
She's always pissed
So have I.

Ever since I was in Nappies!

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
So have I.

Ever since I was in Nappies!

Too much alcohol consumption as a baby. I thought the only incidence of that was in scotland, where they always have happy babies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top