Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 12:52 PM

Re: I Think I’ve Made A Huge Mistake, Getting Sky Q.

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
You can't use the sky dish as an aerial I'm afraid. From what you have said it seems the TV-OUT on your Sky + HD box was feeding the kitchen TV and the other TVs must have been fed from a terrestrial TV aerial. The change to Sky Q explains why the kitchen TV no longer works but I don't understand why the others have been affected.
I know l can’t use the dish as an aerial but l wondered if adding this hybrid LNB. to the dish, would restore the signal for the other televisions?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1DB2AE10-194F-4522-8B7D-2FF465EE7FF4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	9380  
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:24 PM

You mentioned this earlier

"When the original Sky dish was fitted for Sky plus. It had a quad LNB. Chris my ex partner, fitted two extra leads to the dish to allow an older Skybox to work in another room. It had no card in it."

Is this still in place?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:24 PM

The sceptic in me thinks that they have purposely disconnected your other TVs so that you will have to upgrade to Sky multiscreen or something. The problems we get with technology doesn't happen by accident.

Have you tried asking on the Sky community Art?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:59 PM

You mentioned this earlier

"When the original Sky dish was fitted for Sky plus. It had a quad LNB. Chris my ex partner, fitted two extra leads to the dish to allow an older Skybox to work in another room. It had no card in it."

Is this still in place?
No it’s not Ray, they fitted a new dish as they said the old one was falling apart!
The new dish doesn’t have the quad LNB’s that the previous dish had.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 02:04 PM

It's more the older skybox I meant Art, I was wondering if your partner had set it up as Freesat and that was what was feeding the other TVs. If it was then that hybrid LNB probably would work.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The sceptic in me thinks that they have purposely disconnected your other TVs so that you will have to upgrade to Sky multiscreen or something. The problems we get with technology doesn't happen by accident.

Have you tried asking on the Sky community Art?
Longy, I have been looking on some site that l think may be Sky?
That is where l read about the hybrid LNB which is all well and good but it’s not fair, if l have to go to all the expense to make good, something that l haven’t caused.

I forgot to mention earlier. Yes, you can give commands to the remote. I don’t know how to stop rewind and fast forward so l press the side button of the remote and say, ‘Stop’.
Except, l have found, l am shouting, frantically in case it doesn’t stop in time!
I do like the facility, if you can’t find the remote, you press the red button on the front of the Q box and the remote squeaks from wherever it is!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 02:23 PM

It's more the older skybox I meant Art, I was wondering if your partner had set it up as Freesat and that was what was feeding the other TVs. If it was then that hybrid LNB probably would work.
Ray Yes, Sorry. I misunderstood.
He did set the up the second old Sky box for Freesat with the spare LNB. but you could still use Freeview by setting it to TV on the television’s remote control.
I have put its original digital aerial cable from the wall into the back of the television and done the same with the one in the bedroom but both still state, ‘No Signal’.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
longy, i have been looking on some site that l think may be sky?
That is where l read about the hybrid lnb which is all well and good but it’s not fair, if l have to go to all the expense to make good, something that l haven’t caused.

I forgot to mention earlier. Yes, you can give commands to the remote. I don’t know how to stop rewind and fast forward so l press the side button of the remote and say, ‘stop’.
Except, l have found, l am shouting, frantically in case it doesn’t stop in time!
I do like the facility, if you can’t find the remote, you press the red button on the front of the q box and the remote squeaks from wherever it is!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 05:14 PM

Artangel is your TV sorted yet , having read through your post my head is now completely jumbled and I've no idea how to even offer fix it advice.

Is the telly working yet ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 07:00 PM

Oh, Susan, my head feels absolutely done in. I am sorry, your head is jumbled from just reading this saga!
I suppose, for me, it’s a good job as l am watching less television. It’s all too much hassle!

The main television works off the dish. If l could just get the other televisions working off the aerial on the roof, like they did before, it would be ok.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top