Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 11:24 PM

Re: Are you a shopping snob?

We are fortunate in our little village to still have shops so don't need to go into supermarkets for much.Meat,fish,bread,fruit and veg are all much nicer from them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 01:15 AM

Some great replies thank you

I must reiterate though that I'm not biased against anyone shopping at certain places, it was merely a question for interest I shop where I need to, but it's usually Tesco (as my wife works there and we get 10% off ), Asda or Iceland for various oddments and now Aldi for the chilled foods often. I do visit McDonalds on rare occasions but only eat chicken burgers, normally if I'm with the grandkids.

Other goods like shoes and shirts I'll buy at Matalan or Next and online if I know they will fit me.

On a similar note, there is a retail park near me just outside of where I live and part of it has three supermarkets next to each other: Waitrose, Iceland and B&M.
The car park is used by all but distinctly divided into three invisible partitions. It's quite amusing seeing the Waitrose area occupied with newer cars, large 4x4's and sports cars to B&M full of 52-plate Corsas, boxy OAP cars and bicycles chained up. Somewhere in the middle ground has the family hatches - Peugeot, Ford Focus etc.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 04:34 AM

I'm not a creature of habit to be honest i shop where ever I happen to be and I'm not fussy...I do use ALDI on occasions but if I'm near another I go there...

I'm aware of costs so I would never do a big shop at a place like Waitrose not for boring items like washing power and cleaning items not that I do big shops that often.

You know those floating voter type people....I'm a floating shopper
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sometimes I only eat a chocolate eclair.
I like my wine though.
Well done Sweetie! People like you kept me employed for 35 years!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Does shopping for clothes in charity shops count?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Aldi, Lidl, Waitrose for groceries
Clothes yes I’m a clothing snob ...Karen Millen, Crew, East, Laura Ashley .Fatface . I enjoy clothes shopping .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:38 AM

I am particular about my shopping - I like good quality - does that make me a snob?

Fresh food - veg/meat/poultry/fish - never from a supermarket.

Dried/tinned food Branded stuff - where ever is cheapest. Own brand - Sainsbury's or Waitrose.

Cleaning products - where ever is nearest/cheapest at the time. Aldi/Lidl/Poundland etc.,

Shoes - usually Clark's because they still do narrow width fittings and their shoes are good.

Underwear - I like Sainsbury's all cotton bras/knickers - fit well. No-one seems to sell petticoats anymore - so I make those myself.

Other clothing - I like to rummage in charity shops (except Oxfam) for bargains. Have had a few casual things from New Look, Peacock's, Bon Marche and Matalan. Don't like M&S or Primark at all. Formal wear I make myself.

Books/DVDs Again charity shops or Amazon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs Foxtrot ->
I've just checked with my housekeeper. She says I am not a shopping snob. I don't mind if she orders from Harrods or Fortnum and Mason.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Well done Sweetie! People like you kept me employed for 35 years!
Did you make chocolate eclairs?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-04-2019, 09:22 AM

I think we pay for the experience when it comes to shopping. We went to Waitrose a few days ago and all along the window sills inside were lovely spring flowers, whereas in Sainsdreary's, the plants are stuffed onto racks in the entrance.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top