Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 07:20 PM

A good programme taken off air!

The Victoria Derbyshire Show is to be taken off air as a result of having to make cuts.

I wonder if those programmes that are absolute rubbish will be kept on in favour of what I reckon is a good, informative daytime TV programme?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51214425

What do you reckon to The Victoria Derbyshire Show and should it be taken off air?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 10:12 PM

Re: A good programme taken off air!

Is it because of the Beeb's requirement to pay women equally? They should get rid of the awful One Show and other similar gross.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:36 AM

They should get rid of the awful One Show and other similar gross.

Hear, hear Judd! There is a lot of drivel on the BBC at the moment.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:23 PM

Seems to me that the hatchet is out for BBC presenters who are white and English to make way for even more PC'ness and diversification.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 02:23 PM

We haven't watched The One Show for months now and have never even seen the Victoria Derbyshire Show.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Used to enjoy watching Question Time until they started filling bums on the panel seats with Celebrity Luvvies, Remainer supporting politicians and biased remain supporting audiences.
A definite turn off and should have been shelved ages ago..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Seems to me that the hatchet is out for BBC presenters who are white and English to make way for even more PC'ness and diversification.
I think you have a point there basser.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 04:47 PM

I've never watched this but apparently only got a small audience? I do think it poor form though, that Ms Derbyshire wasn't the first one to be informed rather than her hearing of it in a newspaper? Which moron is currently running the Beeb these days anyway?
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 05:28 PM

I gave up on British television when Are You Being Served ended.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top