Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 11:58 AM

Credit cards

I have one, . . I've had it for years but without my asking, over the past 10 years the bank has increased my credit by around a thousand pounds a year.

Any of you had the same unsolicited OFFers.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Re: Credit cards

I have a credit but very rarely use it ......only if I order anything online.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 04:33 PM

I have 3 - one of which I don't use, one is a back up and one is my main card.... that everything is bought on

You get cashback for every pound you spend - but also, I don't like carrying cash (it's dirty for starters!) and I think it's a lot easier to track your spending via a credit card receipt. Plus extra protection of buying with a credit card. The balance is cleared every month via direct debit - so it's never used like a 'loan'.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I have 3 - one of which I don't use, one is a back up and one is my main card.... that everything is bought on

You get cashback for every pound you spend - but also, I don't like carrying cash (it's dirty for starters!) and I think it's a lot easier to track your spending via a credit card receipt. Plus extra protection of buying with a credit card. The balance is cleared every month via direct debit - so it's never used like a 'loan'.
That's the important thing about credit cards Azz - that you clear them every month. It's far too easy for some people to build up huge debts before they realise it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 06:39 PM

I used to have a credit card but now only use a debit card, I rarely have more than £5 on me at any time.

I have an Argos card and they tend to allow you more and more. I only ever do interest free though.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 09:55 PM

I do exactly as Azz does. I have three, pay each off in full every month; love the convenience of it. Two I use for local shopping, the third strictly for Internet purchases.

Yes, my credit limit has increased on all over the years, their decision.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 10:09 PM

Used to have a credit card up to about 3 months ago-because I didn't use it regularly they stopped it. They did give me notice though-wasn't going to go and buy something for the sake of keeping the card.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Oh, I forgot to say I get cash back on one of mine also, Very nice!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2009, 11:29 PM

I have one which is used to big buys, but is cleared at the end of every month..............
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Looks like we're all in the routine of 'use it for convenience, clear it before there's any thought of interest due'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top