Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:35 PM

Cheap car insurance

A few things I've been told that can keep your premiums down..

The first, most of you probably know, and that is to use a comparison website such as moneysupermarket.com or confused.com

The second, was something told me many years ago by a friend - that making sure you say you have access to another vehicle if you do, and if you do low mileage to make sure you say so. Apparently both of those can help keep your premiums down.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 05:02 AM

Re: Cheap car insurance

I suspect this applies to the UK as well as Australia. Just tell the company you are going elsewhere - your premium WILL go down.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Very true Bruce - shopping around almost always gets a lower premium, and sometimes you can go back to your insurers and say you found it cheaper elsewhere... and they try to beat it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Cheapest I've found is one that is "not on any comparison websites"...
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 08:33 PM

I've been with Aviva for 3 years as they've always beat their competitors on price and the service they offer
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

17-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Are they a well known company Twizard?

I remember years ago my brother bought insurance from the local broker... but turns out he pocketed the money - we only found out after my brother had an accident!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top