Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 09:45 PM

Re: Solar Eclipse

During the last eclipse Sheila and I were in the Yorkshire dales walking on high ground from Conistone to Grassington. Everything went silent and there certainly was an eerie atmosphere.
Dozeymare
Kent, UK
Dozeymare is female  Dozeymare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:27 PM

Hi Alan ... I can't find you're response ( don't know why) but during the last eclipse my husband and I were in Bognor with my two infant children and I made a pinhole camera type thing and my children were absolutely transfixed ( as was i ) but today I took my year 2 children out at around half nine but cloud cover was bad though the children found the slightly shadowy darkness quite exciting! My class ended up watching the eclipse on the interactive whiteboard via the daily telegraph !!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:44 PM

I never saw so much hyped up claptrap about this Eclipse, BBC had it on this morning live then they had it back on this evening dead. “Once in a lifetime experience” “Wasn’t it just spectacular” what a load of rubbish.
If the sun is shining tomorrow I’m going to lie out on me deckchair and make my own personal eclipse, just get meself a spoon from the kitchen, put on my sun glasses, lie back and gently pass the spoon over the sun, it can last as long as you want it to, then you can nod off in the chair contented, if the sun is still out when you wake up you can do it all again without having to wait another 50 years.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 09:01 AM

On a lighthearted note, who remembers this . Jaffa cake anyone?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Ah yes, I remember them well Myra. I was a devil for eating them when they came out first, once you started you couldn't stop, they must be responsible for putting tens of thousands into the overweight stakes.
Dozeymare
Kent, UK
Dozeymare is female  Dozeymare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I never saw so much hyped up claptrap about this Eclipse, BBC had it on this morning live then they had it back on this evening dead. “Once in a lifetime experience” “Wasn’t it just spectacular” what a load of rubbish.
If the sun is shining tomorrow I’m going to lie out on me deckchair and make my own personal eclipse, just get meself a spoon from the kitchen, put on my sun glasses, lie back and gently pass the spoon over the sun, it can last as long as you want it to, then you can nod off in the chair contented, if the sun is still out when you wake up you can do it all again without having to wait another 50 years.
Oh Jem!... How I laughed at your thread!!!!!! So good to see someone talk sense on the issue!!!!!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top