Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:07 AM

Re: Project Fear 2? or is it 3??

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why ?

Its bollocks .... most are from Poland italy and other countries in the EU.

They are shooting themselves in the foot, besides we control what comes into our country
You seem to lack any understanding of the practical issues and the WTO regulations on parity on borders and that the EU will want to protect its border with a us as it goes with Norway and Switzerland where checks are made
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:31 AM

Hi

There are problems with the paperwork for some things, not all.

Firstly, foodstuffs.

No Deal means Sanitary and Phytosanitary checks.

The EU has rules about food Imports , not as strict as Australia, but strict never the less.

Each consignment , not each container, needs a Hygiene Certificate.

These come at a cost.

The EU has quotas for certain foods, different types of meats and milk products.

No Deal means we have no Quotas as of right, including the share of EU Quotas we have for export outside the EU.

At the moment we use EU Hygiene Certificates for exports outside the EU.

These are no longer valid when we leave.

We have not yet registered our Inspection regime with the WTO, which is an issue for exporters.

We do not have enough qualified Inspectors to do this work.

The problem is worse with meat and meat products, 97% of Veterinary Meat Inspectors here in the UK are EU Nationals.

They are leaving in droves and we do not have enough Vets here in the UK with the relevant qualifications to do this.

No Certificates, no paperwork and the HGVs will be stuck in Dover.

It will not be a problem for Calais because French Border Control is in Dover.

As I have frequently stated before, none of this is insurmountable, it just takes time to prepare for it.

We have not done so.

I have been doing the paperwork for my lodgers, they import and export car parts, some new, mostly used.

I have got the registration requirements sorted, they have their numbers.

At the moment, life is very simple.

The Artic turns up at the Industrial Estate and is loaded and away it goes.

One piece of paper, nothing else.

No Deal, Import Duties.

These are not huge, but are extremely complicated.

Wheels with tyres are different to wheels without tyres is just one example.

Engine management units and sensors, etc etc.

The last Artic they sent will require 27 different pieces of paper, a huge admin cost.

These will be checked at the Border, no just driving on the Ferry.

It is easy for the huge multinationals, they have their own computer systems and soft ware.

It is a much bigger problem for SMEs.

Proper planning for a No Deal would have prevented many of these issues arising.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:17 AM

There are over 50 Freight Forwarding companies within 50 miles of my house and I live in a very rural community.

These are the companies that ship goods and produce.

The idea that only 17% of these companies are making plans for Brexit, as stated on a project fear BBC scare bulletin is , frankly, ridiculous.

I'd be quite happy to email a number of them to ask how prepared they are.

It's not difficult to find advice and direction on Brexit from .gov sites to private facilitators such as this ........

https://readyforbrexit.co.uk/

Also, there is little , if any evidence that EU immigrants are leaving in 'droves'.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You seem to lack any understanding of the practical issues and the WTO regulations on parity on borders and that the EU will want to protect its border with a us as it goes with Norway and Switzerland where checks are made
Really ? Have you been to Switzerland ?

I worked in Basel for 15 years on and off. I can tell you how the borders work if you like ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Really ? Have you been to Switzerland ?

I worked in Basel for 15 years on and off. I can tell you how the borders work if you like ?
Hi

Switzerland has a whole series of deals with the EU.

A No Deal means we are a Third Country, a different scenario.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-07-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
There are over 50 Freight Forwarding companies within 50 miles of my house and I live in a very rural community.

The idea that only 17% of these companies are making plans for Brexit, as stated on a project fear BBC scare bulletin is , frankly, ridiculous.

It's not difficult to find advice and direction on Brexit from .gov sites to private facilitators such as this ........

Also, there is little , if any evidence that EU immigrants are leaving in 'droves'.
Hi

The point is that at the moment they do not have to pay a freight forwarder neither do they have to do all the Admin involved in sending the info to a freight forwarder.

As regards EU Immigration, it is falling as people leave, but is replaced by by Non EU Immigration, which is rising.

The change is non linear, it is the more highly skilled and paid who are leaving.

We still have to Leave, I just do not believe that our current Politicians have prepared enough.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Laughing out loud. It means you're sitting with you laptop or tablet on your lap laughing heartily. And your partner wondering what the heck is so funny.
How times have changed! It used to mean Lots of Love in my younger days. When I first saw this lol or LOL on a new computer, it took me a while to fathom out why so many contributors were sending out so much love to each other!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

I agree.

Project Fear continues, and they are desperate that we must not leave.

Personally, I really have no fears.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
How times have changed! It used to mean Lots of Love in my younger days. When I first saw this lol or LOL on a new computer, it took me a while to fathom out why so many contributors were sending out so much love to each other!!
Me too!

The ones I find particularly silly are
LOOOOOL and LOLLLLLLL and the like,
the logic of which I fail to understand.

"Laugh out out out out out out loud" for God's sake!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Project Fear continues, and they are desperate that we must not leave.

Personally, I really have no fears.
Hi

It will not affect most people on a day to day scenario.

It will affect those who working in an industry which involves Importing or Exporting.

How much it affects them is still open to debate.

The effects will also be localised, much of our economy is Service Based so little if any change.

The agrifoods business will be massively affected, as will just in time manufacturers.

This disruption will affect not only the UK but also the EU.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top