Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 03:07 PM

Re: Voted today!

OMG! I have just been sitting here watching the results of the local elections. Vince Cable was standing there with a huge grin on his face after taking the votes from the Tories and Labour as the British public let it be known what they think of them and their treachery over Brexit. Granted, it’s the best result since his party went into coalition with the Tories. Ed Davey is sitting on a panel with other remainers, stating that the British public have made it known that they want to stop Brexit by voting for them, and that they wish to have a second referendum!! The fella is delusional!

If I was him, as well as Vince Cable, I certainly wouldn’t put the best champagne (or sparkling wine) on ice just yet. Mark Francois made an appearance and told it as it is.
He said that these local elections are just a taste of what is to come! He said this is very much a tsunami - the local elections was the tide going out - but on May 23rd when the whole country votes on the European Elections, that will be when the tide roars in and the tsunami is going to hit the whole lot of them when The Brexit Party puts forward their candidates. It’s going to be a bloodbath!

Before that there is going to be a by-election in Peterborough. I just hope that Ann Widdecombe is the candidate put forward and not George Galloway (groan). They are in a great position to win the seat.

What do you think?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And there was John McDonnell last night saying Labour would get an extra 400 seats.

Oh dear.

Another failure at the ballot box
Ahh.... but did he say where? The dole queue maybe?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
OMG! I have just been sitting here watching the results of the local elections. Vince Cable was standing there with a huge grin on his face after taking the votes from the Tories and Labour as the British public let it be known what they think of them and their treachery over Brexit. Granted, it’s the best result since his party went into coalition with the Tories. Ed Davey is sitting on a panel with other remainers, stating that the British public have made it known that they want to stop Brexit by voting for them, and that they wish to have a second referendum!! The fella is delusional!

If I was him, as well as Vince Cable, I certainly wouldn’t put the best champagne (or sparkling wine) on ice just yet. Mark Francois made an appearance and told it as it is.
He said that these local elections are just a taste of what is to come! He said this is very much a tsunami - the local elections was the tide going out - but on May 23rd when the whole country votes on the European Elections, that will be when the tide roars in and the tsunami is going to hit the whole lot of them when The Brexit Party puts forward their candidates. It’s going to be a bloodbath!

Before that there is going to be a by-election in Peterborough. I just hope that Ann Widdecombe is the candidate put forward and not George Galloway (groan). They are in a great position to win the seat.

What do you think?
That demonstrably shows just how bloody stupid and out of touch these cretins really are!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

What do you think?
SG I couldn't believe the spin some people are putting on the results.
The gains by the Lib Dems and Greens are mainly protest votes because people don't want to support the two main parties.

Wait till we get the the EU elections, we will see then what people really think of how parliament has behaved .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 04:57 PM

What an appalling result for the Tories! Less than 50 results needed to have lost 1000 council seats. Labour can also pretend that they have done well. They haven't. If they had, they would have picked up all those lost Tory seats.

Let's face it. This is a protest vote at the expense of local councillors, who no doubt do a good job (in the main) but have the disadvantage of belonging to crap parties that have badly betrayed the voter. Limp Dems can well be excited at doing well, but I hope someone gets it through to them that it is ONLY because of voters disgust at the two main parties that they have had this advantage. It certainly isn't because of their crappy policies of stopping Brexit and demand for another referendum, if they do believe this, they are as I have already said - delusional.

It is manna to watch the dismay on those treacherous MP's faces as the results come in. Good on that Tory activist in Llangollen (just a couple of miles from me) that heckled Theresa May and told her to resign. Thanks Matey!. You spoke for 17.4 million.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Various people have pointed out in the media that protesting about the inaction over brexit by voting for the most anti-brexit parties is bizarre to say the least. I realise a lot of the electorate are politically illiterate but surely they have some awareness of what they are doing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Various people have pointed out in the media that protesting about the inaction over brexit by voting for the most anti-brexit parties is bizarre to say the least. I realise a lot of the electorate are politically illiterate but surely they have some awareness of what they are doing.
I'd vote for 'Screaming Lord Such' rather than give Labour or Conservative my vote Devo.....It's just bigger than Brexit now....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 05:23 PM

As expected, Labour have retained the seat in my ward but UKIP have come second, beating the Tories into third place, Limp-Dems fourth and the Greens fifth.

As someone pointed out in my local newspaper, you could put a donkey with a red rose on it in my ward and they'd still win.

Not so good for Labour in other areas and it may be that they'll lose overall control of the council to NOC.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'd vote for 'Screaming Lord Such' rather than give Labour or Conservative my vote Devo.....It's just bigger than Brexit now....
Hi

I could not agree more OGF.

It is bigger than Brexit, it is now ordinary people versus the Political Elite of the two main Parties.

There was no Brexit Party to vote for yesterday, so the protest vote went to the Lib Dems and the Greens.

I three weeks time the Protest Vote can go to the Brexit Party.

I do not agree with those who say they are not going to vote.

It is important that we send a clear message to both Tory and Labour that enough is enough.

The power is ours, the ordinary person who can put a cross on a piece of paper.

It is up to us to use it .

It is our best chance in decades to use that power and make them realise they are paid to serve us, not themselves.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 05:48 PM

independants have got both seats in my ward

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top