Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Rod Stewart. Fan or no fan?

I was never really a fan of his during his early days until a few years ago when the Great American Songbook series started. I bought all of them and I thoroughly enjoy them. Then along came Time and Another Country. Both are great albums. Now I eagerly await the next treat. Are you Rod fan?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:47 PM

Re: Rod Stewart. Fan or no fan?

Yes, always have been a fan - we have grown old together
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:55 PM

I was until 1975, when Stewart moved to the USA and sold his soul to Warner Bros .....

I first saw him perform, with Steampacket, in 1965 and I last saw him perform, at the NEC, in 1991. In between, I attended other performances and, on a couple of occasions, met and spoke to him but, after 1972, I was increasingly unimpressed .....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:56 PM

Not really
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Chuck the mullet in the bin and stop trying to sing....not good anymore. Imo.
Mind you i have a friend who luvs him....(she's got no taste ! Ha)
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Not a fan sorry.
But every time I hear Maggie May it takes me back to Christmas Eve and my first ever Christmas works do in the Strand Hotel in Liverpool and getting pleasantly drunk and dancing with the office girls. After work my mates and I got the ferry back over to the Wirral and home. Freezing cold evening but the alcohol drove away the cold. Happy days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Yes, Rod is one of Rock Royalty. Just a good guy and a great songwriter.

EZ Rider, those two newest albums you mentioned were a return to songwriting after so many years of rehashing old songs as cover versions and Stewart id better than that as those albums proved.

However I do prefer his early music, the first few albums up to and including the work he did with The Faces. The "Songbook" albums didn't do it for me, everybody is taking the easy way way out and rehashing those 50's songs and Rod made far too many of them. Easy money.
His voice is still in fine fettle too, unlike Elton's and Macca's who now need to go lower in their vocal range.

This is my favourite Road Stewart song. Mandolin Wind from 1970:
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 03:27 PM

I like some of his songs but not all. I suppose I prefer his earlier stuff. No idea why he thinks he's Scottish though. He comes from North London.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 03:37 PM

Never been a fan of his, to me he always sounds like he has a Sore Throat.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Not a fan. He does nothing for me either musically or physically.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top