Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 04:45 PM

Help! dashcam.

Hi, hope someone can help. I bought a new dashcam from a Daily Mail offer. It was only a cheapie but it does the job.
We have had it on today and it works fine, but.... it was delivered with no name on the box except "High Definition Dashcam" that is it! even worse, no instructions at all. We can't even go online to see if there are any instructions regarding playback of the video recording because we don't have a name to put in searchbox..

As we have never used a dashcam before, could someone please explain how we playback the video. We really haven't got a clue! Is it the same as downloading photos etc and has to go into a usb port on our computer? it has an sd card which it records onto, but there are 4 settings on the dashcam menu. it is set on AV1 for recording but that doesn't appear to be working. there are three other settings on VIDEO OUTPUT AV1, the second setting says video output 1080P next choice is 720P third choice VGA.

Its all gobbledegook to us.

Would be grateful for any advice
thank you
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:35 PM

Re: Help! dashcam.

If you have a card reader on your PC, the simplest way is to put the memory card from the dash cam into the reader. You can then either watch the videos directly from the memory card or copy them onto your PC. Failing that, just plug the dash cam into a spare USB port on your PC, your computer will treat the camera as an external hard drive.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:43 PM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swiftswan-1...H6P7QBMFXCBWYQ

This looks like the one on the DM website.

Video instructions here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NKPdygn7g
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:49 PM

I was at my brother's place a couple of months back, he had one with no name or instructions, maybe the same as yours. He couldn't work it out, but we between us got it going. You have to format the card first, which involves the pressing of buttons till the Format word appears.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 06:45 PM

Judd and d00d, bless you both! Thank you both for such valuable pieces of information, HWMO was sitting here as I read out both of your replies, saying things like "oh, I didn't do that first", (formatting) and "oh, I can just plug it into a usb port or put the card into the reader slot. He also watched the video (not the same dashcam but similar) and I could hear him saying " ahh! right!" and now he is off into the kitchen to sit at the table and work it out. Thanks again.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 06:48 PM

d00d, HWMO says that once he puts the card reader into the dashcam it won't allow him to access menu. It goes automatically to record. Does he leave the SD card reader ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 06:59 PM

Success! thanks to both of you, HWMO has now got a smile on his face knowing that he knows how to operate the bloomin thing before we go on our holiday at the beginning of June.

He was practising by sticking it on the kitchen window overlooking the deck and back garden, so he is chuffed it is acting like a close circuit tv camera. LOL. We've just been watching our two little dogs walking down the deck.

Well done both.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-05-2019, 08:41 PM

Glad we could help.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top