Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 05:58 PM

My Day

Hi

I started a new Clinic this morning.

I have been quite open about the fact I suffer from severe PTSD.

It was brilliant, a completely different approach to treatment.

It is being run alongside a course of physical treatment for those which have physical as well as mental injuries.

This starts tomorrow afternoon and both are for 13 weeks.

It is unusual in that the same professionals are on both courses, it is a joint approach.

There are a whole range of abilities, I can at least walk, some will be exercising laying down.

The whole thing is funded by Charity, not the idiotic NHS System, which is bound up in Bureaucracy as to who pays for what and has separate waiting lists for both.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

After the course, I went to drop off a load of stuff at the Recycling, then, on impulse, for a haircut.

I should not have bothered.

Fine though my haircut was, driving home afterwards, I got caught up in a Police Operation, marked and unmarked cars appeared out of nowhere and surrounded two vehicles three cars in front of me.

I was stuck there for 20 minutes.

Turn off your engines and stay inside.

Then we were waved on.

I have no idea what it was about.

I have put this in General Chat, a twice weekly blog.

If the Mods think it should be moved, I have no issues at all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Re: My Day

That’s good news Swimmy, I hope you benefit greatly from this new treatment and I look forward to reading your blog here over the next 13 weeks.

Wishing you all the best with it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:11 PM

Interesting day Swims, good to hear you are positive about the course and I hope it continues to go well for you.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Sounds a great Course!
Did you refer yourself or were you referred by your doctor?
May I ask the name of the Charity?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Hi swim, I dont know about your life but did wonder and guessed it had been a difficult one with work situations etc. I'm pleased you have got some help . I knew a chap that has severe PTSD, he struggled and wouldn't accept help even though I tried to get it for him . We lost contact and I often wonder how he is . So wishing you all the very best for the future and look forward to your blog
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sounds a great Course!
Did you refer yourself or were you referred by your doctor?
May I ask the name of the Charity?
Hi

I was referred by my Nurse, who is Ex Military.

I do not qualify for Help the Heroes, never been Military, but attached to them.

The Charity is funded by a well known, but very private person.

I will respect that privacy.

I am not being evasive, just grateful for their help.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:35 PM

That is brilliant news swimfeeders, I hope you benefit greatly from the course. It must be awful to have found yourself needing this kind of help but now you have take full advantage of it and get yourself straight again.

Some years' ago I had to find out about 'how we tick' to understand and help a close family member who had PTSD and depression / anxiety. I could only read up about this and attend meetings for those people who have relatives with depression. They were very helpful but the best book I found helped was written by an Australian GP who was also a psychologist. Knowing both sides of the problem from that was far better than all the other books. I learned a lot that showed what this was both physically and psychologically as that is how it affects people.

Not good about the Police Operation though, but at least it wasn't you they were after!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-05-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That is brilliant news swimfeeders, I hope you benefit greatly from the course. It must be awful to have found yourself needing this kind of help but now you have take full advantage of it and get yourself straight again.

Some years' ago I had to find out about 'how we tick' to understand and help a close family member who had PTSD and depression / anxiety. I could only read up about this and attend meetings for those people who have relatives with depression. They were very helpful but the best book I found helped was written by an Australian GP who was also a psychologist. Knowing both sides of the problem from that was far better than all the other books. I learned a lot that showed what this was both physically and psychologically as that is how it affects people.

Not good about the Police Operation though, but at least it wasn't you they were after!
Hi

Thank you so much for the support you and others have given so freely.

It is so much appreciated.

The Police thing was quite stressful.

My car and house are flagged, a legacy of my job.

I am a Person of Interest, but not in a bad way.

They cannot search my details, it has to be a Police Inspector or above.

Mr Plod being Mr Plod, they are all over like a rash.

They are inquisitive.

It is a pain.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was referred by my Nurse, who is Ex Military.

I do not qualify for Help the Heroes, never been Military, but attached to them.

The Charity is funded by a well known, but very private person.

I will respect that privacy.

I am not being evasive, just grateful for their help.
Yes I understand, thanks, so knowing someone who is always on the lookout for causes to donate to is not relevant in this case.
Hope you didn't mind my asking
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes I understand, thanks, so knowing someone who is always on the lookout for causes to donate to is not relevant in this case.
Hope you didn't mind my asking
Hi

Not at all Ruthio.

You and others on here are genuinely lovely.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top