Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 02:07 PM

Re: Nausea and vomiting

Have to leave Ruthio......answer this later. bye
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 02:16 PM

So sorry to hear You've been so ill Blue,and I think if I was suffering as You are I'd make an app' with the Doc' or go to emergency dep't at the Hospital..please don't try and treat Yourself as it could make things worse...Hoping You feel better soon
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Hi WB

Quick point of correction.

You are confusing GRAPE seed extract with GRAPEFRUIT seed extract. Easily done.

It is GRAPEFRUIT seed extract that I use.

You can buy both in matter of fact and they offer differing benefits.

If you are considering GSE or any other natural remedy you should make sure that it will not interact with any medications you are on and any allergies you have. GSE can not be used by people on Statins for example.

You can pick up health salts or Epsom salts in any decent chemist/pharmacy. You typically mix one or two teaspoonfuls in a glass of water and drink it down whilst it is still fizzing. The salts have a laxative effect though so might not be something to have if you still have the runs. Either way check out any salts against all your conditions and meds.

If you've had the runs and sickness together it's entirely possible that you've had a tummy bug like Norovirus which if left untreated would usually last 2 to 3 days and is quite unpleasant. That's not a diagnosis, just something to consider.

ATB
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hope you are feeling much better JBR...
Thanks, Blue.

I've been recalled to the hospital this morning and have been there for 8 hours. Blood tests, blood tests, blood tests!

I'm not complaining. They have been nothing short of excellent, and all the whingeing about the NHS makes me think 'are they aware of this hospital?' Very professional, helpful and kind people here.

Am feeling better, thanks.

However, they've now threatened me with a gastroscopy!

They also asked me to arrange a follow-up next week at my GP's. There is where all the efficiency suddenly disappeared!

Guard dog (receptionist): "Oh, the nearest routine appointment I can give you is 16th November."

Me: "But the hospital said I need to be seen next week."

GD: "I'm afraid we can't make urgent appointments for next week."

Me: "OK. How can I arrange for a GP appointment as the hospital recommended?"

GD: "All I can suggest is that you telephone on a morning next week and see if we can fit you in."
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi WB

Quick point of correction.

You are confusing GRAPE seed extract with GRAPEFRUIT seed extract. Easily done.

It is GRAPEFRUIT seed extract that I use.

You can buy both in matter of fact and they offer differing benefits.

If you are considering GSE or any other natural remedy you should make sure that it will not interact with any medications you are on and any allergies you have. GSE can not be used by people on Statins for example.

You can pick up health salts or Epsom salts in any decent chemist/pharmacy. You typically mix one or two teaspoonfuls in a glass of water and drink it down whilst it is still fizzing. The salts have a laxative effect though so might not be something to have if you still have the runs. Either way check out any salts against all your conditions and meds.

If you've had the runs and sickness together it's entirely possible that you've had a tummy bug like Norovirus which if left untreated would usually last 2 to 3 days and is quite unpleasant. That's not a diagnosis, just something to consider.

ATB
Hi Realist, I got nausea and vomiting again yesterday after being on here, so I decided to go to emerg. You were spot on. It is gall bladder problems and I have an infection in bile duct, I think he said (or maybe he said it was coming from the bile duct) . Anyway if I did have a stone, it got passed, but I need to be on antibiotics for 10 days starting today.

He said if I continue to have these attacks I should have the gall bladder removed......but of course, I am going to try the gall bladder flush, and other precautions first...as the last thing I want is another surgery if it can be avoided. I have been under the knife too many times, I can't stand the thought of it again.

I have two pre-cancerous nodules in my thyroid and that is being monitored, so I am afraid that will have to be looked after in the future. Hopefully not for a very long time. Do you know anything about thyroid? I am 75 years old, I don't want to keep going for operations, one day I just won't wake up from one of them.....

Anyway Realist, you have been such a help to me and I want you to know I appreciate all your advice. I think we sometimes, just trust the doctors to always make the right decisions for us, but I feel I have to make some of them myself. My mom only had one operation (gall bladder). She didn't believe in operations.....she said "the body can heal itself" and she lived to be 94 and the only reason she died then was because she fell out of bed and broke a hip and she died within 6 month as her other organs shut down and she got pnemonia.

Thanks Realist

Yes, I am on statin drugs for cholesterol, but I think they make my legs ache.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Hi Realist, I got nausea and vomiting again yesterday after being on here, so I decided to go to emerg. You were spot on. It is gall bladder problems and I have an infection in bile duct, I think he said (or maybe he said it was coming from the bile duct) . Anyway if I did have a stone, it got passed, but I need to be on antibiotics for 10 days starting today.
So pretty much exactly as predicted then

All the clues were there.

As you are on Statins, you won't be able to take Grapefruit Seed Extract, a natural antibiotic which might have dealt with the infection. What did they give you? Amoxycillin as predicted?

He said if I continue to have these attacks I should have the gall bladder removed.....
Yep he would. He is doing what all GPs do which is follow the book, do what the medical establishment tells them to and put people on established pathway treatments. As I said before, millions of Americans have their gallbladders taken out unnecessarily. The medical industry is not interested in natural cures, they don't make them money. So they won't tell you about gallbladder flushes and the like.

Something critical to note. Gallstones are typically formed in the gallbladder and are the result of your general diet and possibly hereditary things. If you have your gallbladder removed then the gallstones simply form elsewhere in the body and that is NOT GOOD ! They will lead to much worse complications. Thus having a gallbladder out is rarely a good idea unless it has become so badly infected as to pose a serious risk to the rest of the body.

All of this is simply about diet. Gallbladder attacks are caused by eating foods with a lot of fat in them. Gallstones equally are the result of cholesterol in your diet.

So the answer lies in managing your diet better. Avoid having too much fatty food and there won't be any more attacks.

Anyway now you know what it is you can Google to your heart's content.

The infection in your bile duct is a natural occurrence of having gallstones. You basically have old bile that was blocked by the stone, old and rank and when the stone goes through it all floods into your system. Typically you'll also feel your kidney is affected by that load of nasty stuff. It's a shock to the system which the body sets about filtering and expelling.

When it has happened to me I don't generally reach for the antibiotics. I just take plenty of GSE in drinks but as you can't do that the antibiotics will have to suffice.

I am going to try the gall bladder flush, and other precautions first...as the last thing I want is another surgery if it can be avoided.
Ok, but I would suggest allowing your body to recover from this attack and infection first. Give it a few weeks.

I don't want to keep going for operations, one day I just won't wake up from one of them.....
One day we will each of us not wake up. Such is the cycle of life. No point living in fear. Actually I truly believe it will simply be a time of change, a metamorphosis, like a caterpillar "dying" and emerging as a butterfly. Only for us less of a physical thing.

My mom only had one operation (gall bladder). She didn't believe in operations.....she said "the body can heal itself" and she lived to be 94 and the only reason she died then was because she fell out of bed and broke a hip and she died within 6 month as her other organs shut down and she got pnemonia.
She understood well who and what we are. Our bodies are essentially machines that do have the ability to heal themselves. But if we damage certain parts of it which relate to that healing factory then we of course suffer. Equally if we starve the body of the "life energy" it needs to function then it doesn't have enough energy to heal itself. What energy there is will be used to keep the body alive . . . life support.

Hence we must give ourselves lots of good food, shun toxins, get plenty of sunlight and so on. Smoking, drinking, drugs, junk food, staying in the shade will all lead to loss of energy and sickness.

Yes, I am on statin drugs for cholesterol, but I think they make my legs ache.
You can manage cholesterol yourself via diet. Give yourself a challenge to come off statins, they are not good. Get your cholesterol to a good level and talk with your GP about it. Ask him for a proper plan to come off statins.

Anyway hope you feel better soon

ATB

Realist
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 07:47 PM

WB , sorry you've had such an ordeal and past ordeals as well! I hope for your health to improve. Take good care of yourself.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-10-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
WB , sorry you've had such an ordeal and past ordeals as well! I hope for your health to improve. Take good care of yourself.
Thank you CandyCrunch. That is so nice of you....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-10-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
So sorry to hear You've been so ill Blue,and I think if I was suffering as You are I'd make an app' with the Doc' or go to emergency dep't at the Hospital..please don't try and treat Yourself as it could make things worse...Hoping You feel better soon
Thank you for thinking of me May, I did go in to emerg and I am on the road to recovery now....

Blue x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So pretty much exactly as predicted then

All the clues were there.

As you are on Statins, you won't be able to take Grapefruit Seed Extract, a natural antibiotic which might have dealt with the infection. What did they give you? Amoxycillin as predicted?
No Realist, he gave me Amoxil, 500 mg capsule, 1 every 12 hours, for 10 days. My pharmacist said they are antibiotics.
I have to go back to see him in two weeks....but just a follow up....

I went off statins a few years ago and went for a blood test and I was fine, but then I needed them again.

I don't smoke or drink, so my main focus is going to be diet....

Thanks again,

Bye for now,

Blue x

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top