Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 11:59 PM

What song moves you to tears?

I'm a hard man and not much makes me cry but today I had on an Elvis record I hadn't played in ages and unbeknownst to me the song "My Boy" was on it.

Since my first son died in 1988 and my second son died in 1995 I haven't been able to listen to that song and have always skipped past it but as I didn't know it was there it started playing.

I decided just to let it play and by the first "you are my life, my pride, my joy" I was a blubbering mess.

That song was so significant when my boys were young, because with some things I did in my life then that I deeply regret now, our marriage was strained and the only thing that kept me there was my boys, so even then it was emotional but now they're gone it just broke me down.

So, what song brings you to tears and why?

Goodness gracious, I'm getting all weepy just typing this, the old fool I am.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 12:07 AM

Re: What song moves you to tears?

Kenny Rogers Dont fall in love with a dreamer
Christina Perri.. Jar of hearts
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 02:51 AM

Beth Hart - Caught out in the Rain
Saw this live
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 03:21 AM

Without a doubt it is always "Dove Sono" from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro. Such a beautiful song, so sad and so full of emotion about lost love. One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 06:03 AM

Many, many songs affect me emotionally. I'm intriqued by the power which music has over our moods- could anyone explain it to me ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Many, many songs affect me emotionally. I'm intriqued by the power which music has over our moods- could anyone explain it to me ?
It because you're a soppy, big girl's blouse

(That's a joke BTW)

I was watching the 2010 Concert version of Les Miserable last night and found myself choking up during Fantine's Come to me

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the compliment Bruce, I would hate to think that I am an unemotional robot.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
especially when you can't understand the language and don't know the story, as I found when accidently watching Madam Butterfly instead of Precipiece Walk in Wales, I then Googled to find what the story was about. Loved it.
Brian
New Member!
Blackpool
Brian is male 

05-12-2012, 02:46 PM

This aint bad. Better than the original and will be in the top 5 by xmas.
The Power Of Love. The last 40 secs very powerful.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNpeK7sDLzE
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 04:41 PM

If you were to listen to all the sad Irish and Scottish songs you would spend the rest of your life crying, my Granny had a headful of them and was always singing them, I think I became immune to sad songs at an early age and I'm sorry to say that they don't effect me emotionally anymore, unless I'm drunk of course, then the wife runs out for the mop.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top