Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 11:09 PM

Re: Credit cards

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Had the CC security on the phone this am. Some bar-steward has been using our number fraudulently
No loss to us - the company take the pain - but cards cut up and now we have to wait for new ones to be sent. Grrr
Again??? You had this a while back didn't you!! How annoying (and scary)!!

Sadly we still have cc debts when we weren't drawing money from the business in order to get it off the ground. There are still months where in order to pay staff salaries we need to fund our own expenses and the cards continue to be used for this. These are the vagiaries of not being reliant on someone else to pay our salary

A harsh reality of life I'm afraid.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 09:41 AM

I had some scummer make a couple of online bets on my card - a different one - two or three years ago.
I suppose that experience has made me more relaxed this time; it was all sorted out very quickly and smoothly
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 09:34 PM

I had a similar incident 2 or so years ago ...someone had gotten my number and tried to order a lot of camping equipment (ME? Camping?!), but the bank was onto it in a flash; denied the sale, cancelled my card and overnighted me a new one. But it was a real nuisance having to notify everyone of the new card info.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I do exactly as Azz does. I have three, pay each off in full every month; love the convenience of it. Two I use for local shopping, the third strictly for Internet purchases.

Yes, my credit limit has increased on all over the years, their decision.
Me too I pay everything I can with my card and I pay it off in full once a month. I have never paid a penny in interest charges in all the years I have had a card.

I get points and cash vouchers three times a year to spend in Waitrose.
Just had one for £20.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 03:33 AM

On my Chase Visa card I get a check for $25.00 every time I accumulate 2500 points. Nice. Never a cent in interest for me either, Meg.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top