Join for free
Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Sounds That Rocked Your Boat.

So many times in my life I have heard a song played on the radio and thought "wow great sound". Would like to share them with you songs of yesteryear and songs that are still making me think today "wow great sound".

Anyone else got an songs like that.?

Guess one of the very first must have been when I was still in the schoolyard.

The Bee Gees-
First of May
http://youtu.be/1gewTWM6fH0
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Re: Sounds That Rocked Your Boat.

Has a young un I never really knew what the difference was in music. I never put music into different categories there was only pop and Motown very limited I know.
There was also the old stuff that my sisters and brothers listened to..
Then there was this fella who may have been about for a while before my time but boy could he knock out a tune.

Elvis Presley
An American Trilogy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyvT...Jw1gP8&index=5
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Has a young un I never really knew what the difference was in music. I never put music into different categories there was only pop and Motown very limited I know.
There was also the old stuff that my sisters and brothers listened to..
Then there was this fella who may have been about for a while before my time but boy could he knock out a tune.

Elvis Presley
An American Trilogy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyvT...Jw1gP8&index=5
An American Trilogy gives me shivers down my spine every time I listen to it ...... has to be my all time favourite.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 04:25 PM

There are songs that although you hear them played fairly often, they come on and sound so fresh, as though hearing them for the first time ...
One that comes to mind is 'Its Not Unusual' Tom Jones - hits me every time ......
longfellow
Chatterbox

18-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Early 70's started building up my collection one of the first I bought was this one.

Neil Diamond
I Am I Said

warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 05:14 PM

I used to listen to all the pop music til I heard this.I then started getting picky. I still am.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 06:37 PM

I'll go for the Bee Gees as well and would choose this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR6KBXbH3EI
longfellow
Chatterbox

18-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Loved The Mac thought Tusk was brilliant.
Stevie Nicks a woman to die for in her early days great voice.
Bumped into Mick Fleetwood once I was going into Turnbull and Asser in St James and he was coming out.
The fella is quite tall and I had to be careful not to strain my neck after looking up to him.
Big gob me had to say something and I asked him what's the weather like up there Mick. His replied with a smile "Its very much similar to the stuff you are getting down below."
I've met some snotty buggers on my travels and he wasn't one of them.

Tusk
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:36 PM

Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys was the first song I thought how much I appreciated the content of the different instruments and sounds.

This one too.

Santana Samba Pa Ti

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:42 PM

The Beach Boys ! Yay - Fab !

Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top