Join for free
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 01:03 AM

Our World Is In More Trouble

Many banks across the world in trouble again.

What are your thoughts??

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/23/news...list/index.htm
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Re: Our World Is In More Trouble

double post.
buzzie
USA

24-02-2010, 01:45 AM

I was reading about the major problems Spain, Greece, Ireland and Iceland are having and there were more on the list but I don't remember them all. This is from last month.

http://davos2010.theatlantic.com/201..._euro_zone.php
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 08:44 AM

The clever people have made an acronym - PIGS; Portugal, Ireland, Greece. Spain. Greece is starting a period of public worker strikes today. I have some sympathy with them - they are being targetted to take by far the biggest hit on the proposed cuts, leaving people with more money, especially those who can pay to get someone to 'minimise their tax liability' much less affected.
Maybe the conspiracy theorists are onto something when they say it's all a plot by the big bankers, the Rothschilds of the world, to take over everything?
Ho um - keep calm and carry on ......
buzzie
USA

24-02-2010, 11:31 AM

I agree DM, keep calm and carry on but Be Aware.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
I agree DM, keep calm and carry on but Be Aware.

Be Aware - Your country needs Awares.
buzzie
USA

24-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Be Aware - Your country needs Awares.
I know!! We're in deep trouble.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Many banks across the world in trouble again.
What are your thoughts??
My thoughts? Well IMO banks should be the safest and easiest of businesses to operate - why?

Because all a bank has to do is take deposits from people and lend that money to other people, if you set the difference in what you pay depositors in interest and what you charge the borrowers how on earth can you go wrong

Some of these banks have only got into trouble when they start gambling with currencies, credit default swaps, and lending to NOJAPS (Those with no jobs, assets, or prospects) I mean how dumb is that

You'd have thought they would have learned after Nick Leeson brought down Barings, an institution that had survived 200 years before he started work with them.

Still as said above let's keep our heads and hope these clever clogs will find a way to sort it all out.
buzzie
USA

24-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
My thoughts? Well IMO banks should be the safest and easiest of businesses to operate - why?

Because all a bank has to do is take deposits from people and lend that money to other people, if you set the difference in what you pay depositors in interest and what you charge the borrowers how on earth can you go wrong

Some of these banks have only got into trouble when they start gambling with currencies, credit default swaps, and lending to NOJAPS (Those with no jobs, assets, or prospects) I mean how dumb is that

You'd have thought they would have learned after Nick Leeson brought down Barings, an institution that had survived 200 years before he started work with them.

Still as said above let's keep our heads and hope these clever clogs will find a way to sort it all out.
Pretty darn dumb Harvey, I would say. Then we bail the
greedy bunch out to save us all and that most likely won't work. Don't think for a minute people here in the states are happy with what Bush left us, it
affects people all over the world. I don't blame people to be angry at the US government but don't take it out on our people who were just as shocked as everyone else.

I wasn't thrilled to post this info from the US yesterday.

edit: it's affect that is the verb....why do I get those mixed up?? Glad I got here in time before VM corrected me. lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top