Join for free
Page 110 of 276 « First < 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
We posted at the same time. Sorry that you have been so fatigued - it really is the worst thing. I find that I am OK (if not sleepy) at home watching TV, but as soon as I have to do anything energetic the fatigue hits me.
I’ve only been up an hour Ffosse and I could quite happily crawl back into bed!

Hope everything is on track for you for today.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’ve only been up an hour Ffosse and I could quite happily crawl back into bed!

Hope everything is on track for you for today.
Val, if you want to go back to bed then that is probably the best thing to do. Your cancer treatments will be causing this fatigue, but the hot weather will also not be helping, so take rest when you feel you need it!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:23 AM

It’s so frustrating Twink, there is so much I want to do but haven’t got the energy ...... and mornings are usually the best part of my day.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:29 AM

It’s so frustrating Twink, there is so much I want to do but haven’t got the energy ...... and mornings are usually the best part of my day.
I know how you feel, throughout my Chemo all I wanted to do was go to bed & the radio therapy wasn't much better.... but you start to get back to normal eventually.

I always believe that you should fight the illness, but give way to the side effects of the treatments. If it gets unbearable have a chat with your oncologist, he may be able to offer extra advice!
Val J
East Yorkshire

29-06-2018, 10:39 AM

It’s not what I would call unbearable Twink, sometimes I think it’s me and I should pull myself together! I see my oncologist on Tuesday so I guess I have to make another decision on what happens next!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:55 AM

I'm getting ready to go to hospital. I don't really need much for a 4 day stay - just a few changes of clothes, toiletries, my medications (the hospital insists I bring my own), my phone and charger.

I imagine I'll be bored a lot of the time so am going to try and get into reading again.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Scratch that, they've phoned me up to cancel again.

They said that the methotrexate would be too close to my regular chemo next Wednesday, so now they plan on having me get my normal chemo on Wednesday then bringing me in for the methotrexate the week after, the 13th or something.

So annoyed at having packed everything up and anticipating my hospital stay. I feel that they should have realised this last week and made the appropriate appointment then. I'm at a bit of a loose end now - I need food as there's nothing in the house.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

29-06-2018, 11:20 AM

It’s not what I would call unbearable Twink, sometimes I think it’s me and I should pull myself together! I see my oncologist on Tuesday so I guess I have to make another decision on what happens next!
Val never be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly you think they are! Your oncologist is there to advise on your treatment, and you can only make decisions if you fully understand what he is talking about.
You know where I am if you want to ask me anything, but you can only get advice on your treatment from your oncologist.... so he should be telling you the pros and cons of any decision you have to make!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Just booked a Tesco Online delivery for tomorrow at 4pm. I had to with no food in the house.

Really frustrated and feel that the hospital is just messing me around.
Val J
East Yorkshire

29-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Scratch that, they've phoned me up to cancel again.

They said that the methotrexate would be too close to my regular chemo next Wednesday, so now they plan on having me get my normal chemo on Wednesday then bringing me in for the methotrexate the week after, the 13th or something.

So annoyed at having packed everything up and anticipating my hospital stay. I feel that they should have realised this last week and made the appropriate appointment then. I'm at a bit of a loose end now - I need food as there's nothing in the house.
That really is too bad Ffosse, letting you down at this late hour!
I agree they should have realised their mistake and sorted it earlier. Could you get something delivered for your lunch, a nice Chinese or similar. We usually find that the meals are substantial and provide us with more than one meal. Other than that you may have to pick up a few bits locally until you can arrange another delivery. I really do feel sorry that this has happened to you Ffosse.

Page 110 of 276 « First < 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top