Join for free
Page 118 of 276 « First < 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Now they want to move me to a boiling hot 4 bedroom for the rest of my stay. Im sick of being moved. They always move me - its so sressful moving from one environment to another. Would just discharge my self except I'm on an IV for antibiotics. Might still just go home anyway.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 05:15 PM

I thought you were going home tomorrow Ffosse so it's only overnight and hopefully will be cooler. Try to stay calm and look forward to sleeping in your own bed tomorrow. I know it’s not easy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 05:41 PM

It's not cooler - it's boiling and although the consultant said she wants me home on Monday, I know I'm not better but definitely will be leaving tomorrow or later tonight.

I don't want any more contact with the hospital so won't be attending any further appointments even if I get really sick at home. Id sooner die in my bed than seek help for anything else new.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's not cooler - it's boiling and although the consultant said she wants me home on Monday, I know I'm not better but definitely will be leaving tomorrow or later tonight.

I don't want any more contact with the hospital so won't be attending any further appointments even if I get really sick at home. Id sooner die in my bed than seek help for anything else new.

Oh Dreamy, you really are down.
Only you can decide, I will always support your decision, it is your life.
I'm not going to argue, as it is your choice.
Let us know what you decide.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-07-2018, 08:02 PM

Well. What quality of life will i have going into hospital with every infection I get? I'm just wasting time and money here as I haven't been able to work.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-07-2018, 08:04 PM

And i do blame a consultant and a clinical haemotology nurse for my current issues. I won't be seeing them again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Well. What quality of life will i have going into hospital with every infection I get? I'm just wasting time and money here as I haven't been able to work.
And i do blame a consultant and a clinical haemotology nurse for my current issues. I won't be seeing them again.
I'm flying home tomorrow Dreamy, I will check this thread as soon as I am back.
Good Night my lovely friend.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-07-2018, 08:42 AM

Thanks, Sweetie - I may fly down South and we can meet up, if you can recommend a good B&B for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-07-2018, 01:38 PM

Great now they want to send me home with the same white blood cell booster injections i am allergic to in preparation for my methotrexate which they want to give me next week. Sorry, but that's not happening.

I told them that i was at the point of ceasing treatment but no. They are looking to get a consultant to have a word with me. Its my choice what I do. Either way it looks like I'll be here until this evening.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-07-2018, 08:37 PM

Just got home with 2 different types of antibiotics to take and 5 syringes of a drug which elevates white blood cell count.

The plan now is to go ahead with the methotrexate on Thursday 19th at 1pm. This is part 2 of 2 so it makes sense to take it. I'll be in hospital on my Birthday once more.

They wanted me in on Monday but I have a long standing appointment with my G.P. and, as she normally spends 30 or 40 minutes with me I don't want to miss it. Another appointment I have is on Wednesday with a Psychiatrist - this appointment has been cancelled and re-scheduled so many times due to my cancer that I find it vitally important to attend just so that my head can be in the right place come 10 days time, and it's good that it's just one day before the inpatient chemo.

My biggest worry is waking up shivering and shaking, vomiting from another infection but the antibiotics should work by then.

I can get a little hysterical when things don't go my own way but there's nothing worse being in hospital during hot weather, not knowing if I'll sleep in the same bed or even ward that night.

I simply wish I had more energy - walking any distance is still exhausting even on cool mornings like we had today. I decided to visit the hospital shop which is down a few stairs and along a corridor and it made me so out of breath.

I saw one of my Consultants and she was quite reassuring: once the methotrexate is out of the way there are no more treatments for me, aside from one more MRI and a CT scan then a visit with my main Consultant in August. I'm just a little put out that the methotrexate has been cancelled three times now and could be again. There was no delay in getting the first one done.

Page 118 of 276 « First < 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top