Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Re: All things Astronomical

This is quite an informative page on seeing the Loony eclipse in the UK on Friday!

https://www.rmg.co.uk/discover/explore/lunar-eclipse

Those in the UK will not be able to see the start of the lunar eclipse as the Moon will still be below the horizon at this time. However, the Moon will already be in the Earth’s umbra (the darkest part of the Earth’s shadow) and so will already start to look red. The table below shows the timings for the lunar eclipse as seen from London.

Most of these timings will apply for the rest of the UK but they might differ by a few minutes. However, moonrise times will vary depending on location. For example, the Moon will rise at 9:22pm in Edinburgh, 9:02pm in Cardiff and 9:27pm in Belfast. The Moon will also appear to be lower in the sky the further north you are.

Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Thanks Colin, Might choose to walk late on Friday so I can watch it rise
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Thanks Colin, Might choose to walk late on Friday so I can watch it rise
To quote Van Morrison

Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:23 PM

Thanks Colin.

I'm not sure if I will see much as it might be too low for me here what with other buildings in the way. My best time for viewing the moon seems to be 11:30 onwards. I'm getting great views of the moon at the moment, very clear, hardly any haze.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Colin.

I'm not sure if I will see much as it might be too low for me here what with other buildings in the way. My best time for viewing the moon seems to be 11:30 onwards. I'm getting great views of the moon at the moment, very clear, hardly any haze.
Come round to mine

I live in a field, up very high, no light pollution, perfect for star gazing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Come round to mine

I live in a field, up very high, no light pollution, perfect for star gazing

That's the best offer this week Missy..... the only offer in fact.

I do envy you though. I moved to the country hoping to see dark skies but ended up worse than where I came from.
Mel15
Nowhere

26-07-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's the best offer this week Missy..... the only offer in fact.

I do envy you though. I moved to the country hoping to see dark skies but ended up worse than where I came from.
Very few street lights about here

Indeed I learned to drive in the country and the first time I went to the city and it got dark, I managed to drive through it without my lights on

I wondered why I kept getting flashed, was only when I got back on the motorway I realised , the city was just so bright
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Very few street lights about here

Indeed I learned to drive in the country and the first time I went to the city and it got dark, I managed to drive through it without my lights on

I wondered why I kept getting flashed, was only when I got back on the motorway I realised , the city was just so bright
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:13 PM

Too bloomin' cloudy to see the Blue Moon.

I'd been looking forward to that too.

Anyone else seen it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Morning Mups...

Wall to wall Cloud here too Mupsy....

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top