Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:03 AM

Supergirl to feature TV's first transgender superhero

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44915149

Activist and actor Nicole Maines, who is transgender herself, will play the role of Nia Nal, who becomes known as Dreamer.

"It seems only fitting that we have a trans superhero for trans kids to look up to," she said after the announcement at Comic Con in San Diego, California.
Although I consider myself fairly liberal with regard to sexuality, I am concerned that children are being/will be "influenced" by the deliberate inclusion of members of the LGBT community in children's TV programming.

I am particularly concerned with Nicole's phrase "look up to" with regard to "trans kids":

Are "trans kids" now a significant part of the viewing public?

Will it be just "trans kids" "looking up to" Dreamer or will Dreamer be a role model for kids who are just unsure of their sexuality?

The role of the internet "influencer" is now established as a powerful tool to modify human behaviour, so I have no doubt that, along with the TV show, there will be a Nicole/Dreamer social media presence.

A top "influencer", e.g. Lele Pons, will have 22 million followers on Instagram and more than 8 million subscribers on YouTube.

As I say, I am only "concerned" - perhaps I shouldn't be .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 06:10 AM

Re: Supergirl to feature TV's first transgender superhero

Has anyone ever known a trans kid?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 07:37 AM

I find the whole thing ridiculous . When we were kids did it ever enter our minds about sexuality of another kid , it didn't mine or my siblings . Not necessary
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 08:23 AM

They are putting ideas in kids heads that might never ever have been there. Every one knows how children are so easily influenced. Our children are going to grow up sexually confused and I see tomorrow's children not knowing who or what they are. I so wish all this wasn't happening,I hate how the world is going.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 08:25 AM

Who are these people who are making these decisions?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I find the whole thing ridiculous . When we were kids did it ever enter our minds about sexuality of another kid , it didn't mine or my siblings . Not necessary
It’s being sold to them by ‘trendy’ teachers and schools that are required by law to tick all the ‘diversty’ boxes.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:19 AM

Oh eck! I thought it was a joke , can things get any crazier?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 12:58 PM

That's given me a great idea for a new comic book superhero. A mild mannered bloke working in a dreary accountant's office hears of a heinous crime in progress. Right away, he gets up from his desk, saunters into the Ladies toilet, gets dragged up and comes out dressed as a woman.

Unfortunately, by the time he's got his bra, tights, dress, wig and make-up on, the crime has been sorted out by the cops because he couldn't decide on the shade of lipstick to match the dress, which style of wig to wear and which handbag to accessorise with his stiletto heels.

Think I'll go and see if I can get the idea crowdfunded.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 02:18 PM

I always thought that Batman was a bit gay..and was Robin a Boy or a Girl...perhaps transgender?

Don't take it serious,Life's too mysterious
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:23 PM

'Is it a bird?'

'Well, it might be but you never can tell these days'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top