Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:54 PM

Re: Passion for cleaning my home.

Pauline, do you have a Monica Geller type cupboard where you stash everything?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Does anyone else share this passion with me?
It's like a therapy for me,it makes me feel calm and relaxed,when everything is clean and in order,...
Some great cleaning products on the market now,as well,those floor cleaning cloths are great and those disposable fluffy dusters,....I do hope I am not alone in my passion!....yes I know,some will call me "sad",
I must admit I am glad I am not you.

As long as my home is reasonably presentable, I don't spend anymore time on housework than absolutely necessary.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Pauline, do you have a Monica Geller type cupboard where you stash everything?

How did you know,..no I don't actually...may,yes I clean my loft,...tarantula,I could not bare to live in a reasonably clean house,so thankful I am not you.

May,I was joking,no I don't clean my loft,but you have put that thought into my head,especially now,I have my new hand held Hoover,...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:38 PM

What ever floats you boat Pauline

And if you ever feel the need to clean a bit more, you and the dogs are welcome here anytime

Actually you would probably have a breakdown the minute you stepped over the threshold

I do liveable and not ever ashamed to invite someone in. If there are cat hairs then so be it - I have a cat

Theres often shavings on the kitchen floor from the hens and ducks ( we use the back doors here ) and whilst I sweep it daily, it gets washed only if I start to stick to it

You would be mortified to learn that the floors of the hallways get washed only once or twice a year

But as I say, I don't serve meals from the floor, I serve on plates and they come out of the dishwasher sparkling and sanitised

Im just in from work and having five minutes before I hit the shower. Sat here Im looking at a floor covered in cat toys, a coffee table with a pedometer and a drink bottle on it, the sofa is home to at least 3 remotes, 2 iPads and a phone and for some reason there is a pair of nail clippers and a camera sat beside the tv along with a handful of coins and a take out menu

And it can all sit there until at least tomorrow morning cos Im shattered and the most Im doing this afternoon/evening is shower, go for a pint, prepare and cook dinner and then head out for my walk to coincide with the Eclipse and BED
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:49 PM

How did you know,..no I don't actually...may,yes I clean my loft,...tarantula,I could not bare to live in a reasonably clean house,so thankful I am not you.

May,I was joking,no I don't clean my loft,but you have put that thought into my head,especially now,I have my new hand held Hoover,...
I almost vacuumed my loft when we first moved in. My last loft was newer and cleaner. This one is much older and dustier.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
are you all living without a man by any chance??

I live with a man .
He is a bit messy .
I don't believe in too much cleaning all those chemicals are bad for the environment .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Missy,I would willingly clean your house,LD,I will clean my loft,with my new Hoover ,which members are probably sick of hearing about it,(I don't blame them)...my loft gets damp in winter,does yours?...I have dehumidifiers in there,can't believe the water they collect.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-07-2018, 04:08 PM

Missy,I would willingly clean your house,LD,I will clean my loft,with my new Hoover ,which members are probably sick of hearing about it,(I don't blame them)...my loft gets damp in winter,does yours?...I have dehumidifiers in there,can't believe the water they collect.
The loft is dry but you can come and clean my cellar if you want. Yuk!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Pauline have you ever dreamed of taking up cleaning as a full time career - you night school and all eventually become a professor of dirt?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Pauline have you ever dreamed of taking up cleaning as a full time career - you night school and all eventually become a professor of dirt?

..I have cleaned for a lot of people in my time,..I have 2 ladies,that I clean for at the moment,they pay me £ 16 an hour,worth my weight in gold they say,..each to their own though.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top