Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Re: nationalism versus multiculturalism OZ style

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If people feel overwhelmed and insulted in their own country they have a narrow point of view ?
Would you care to tell us where you live ?
Where I live is not relevant.
People have a narrow point of view because they often have a narrow source of propaganda heavy news.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:33 AM

The cruelty shown to the illegal immigrants on these tropical islands is something that that australia won't like to dwell on I supose ?
I refuse to respond to poorly constructed comments or questions and incorrect grammar?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:02 PM

Translation
I can't answer that because sadly it's true.

Hey you missed my link from your quote Gums

Here it is again

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...love-australia
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Do you understand the meaning of 'mutual' and 'ideal'? And, re. Israel, how is shooting a doctor dealing with the wounded on the Israel/Gaza border showing tolerance to fanatics?
I don't know how does murdering the Fogel family including a three month old baby show a desire for peace ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I think he has already told us SW England - you want closer?

and you just live in UK according to your page? - very informative? not
His profile tells us where he lives, and it certainly isn't somewhere that large groups of objectionable Muslims live, unless he is being dishonest!

However, I have no intention of going into a long, useless discussion with people who seem to know little about it, because they have not lived among them!

There are, of course, some very decent Muslims living in Britain but they are nor the ones we want to get rid of... just the ones who are radical and destroying our country. There are lots of people on the left who would agree with me on that, so it is nothing to do with how people vote!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:34 PM

The 'only able to comment if you have direct experience' argument is a ridiculous fallacy because if it were true a lot of branches of science and the arts would become totally invalid.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

09-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Coul you please translate that into English ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Where I live is not relevant.
People have a narrow point of view because they often have a narrow source of propaganda heavy news.
Where you live in this Country is VERY relevant. Like you I am now in the SW and I can honestly say that the SW does NOT have the problems of the SE for instance and probably Northern towns and cities which I am not qualified to comment on.

It's the same with you Aussies, you have no idea what it's like living here, just as I have no idea what it's like living there. Why are you so intent on telling Brits how to live? Is it because your own 'Drop them in the harbour' Country will not tolerate your ramblings?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:41 PM

Coul you please translate that into English ?
I wouldn't bother Muddy, when people use answers like that to respond to a post, it usually means they have no valid argument but don't want lose the argument!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

09-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
where you live in this country is very relevant. Like you i am now in the sw and i can honestly say that the sw does not have the problems of the se for instance and probably northern towns and cities which i am not qualified to comment on.

It's the same with you aussies, you have no idea what it's like living here, just as i have no idea what it's like living there. Why are you so intent on telling brits how to live? Is it because your own 'drop them in the harbour' country will not tolerate your ramblings?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top