Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:57 PM

Re: Old Grey Fox in the Hot seat.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks for the pics of the workshop OGF. I love it. It looks a bit Sci-fy.
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here. It's a dream of a workshop; I'd love to build something like that
Especially with those speakers...
Thanks for you comments Floydy and Longdogs, I suppose it does look a bit Sci Fy'ish.. It's alway served as a bit of an escape from reality...
I've always fancied decorating it with flashing lights and making it look like the inside of a Starship........Including sounds.....

PS:- Should anyone find themselves in my neck of the woods, tours are available.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's a fair old score Foxy, after asking the question, I thought, with stuff like IQ, it don't really matter where you've been, or what your work was, or what you studied, the test result would have been the same for the individual, aged 16 or 60.

Would you agree with that assumption?
Quite true Spitty, you can achieve a good score even if some of the answers are incorrect. You are expected to show your working on most of the questions, and it's your logic that they are looking for. Not so much what you know, as the method you use to arrive at the answer.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi OGF.

I love looking and watching War time Aeroplanes.
What do you like the most?
Fascinating subject Susie, being a Mechanical Engineer I love nothing better that listening to the sound of the Merlin engines installed in the Hurricane, Spitfire and Lancaster....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:16 PM

I have a feeling your time is almost up, so I better get one more question in before that happens...

What are you most attracted to as far as the female goes?
Do you think blondes are better looking than the rest of us?

Just a couple fun questions to end with OGFox as I don't expect to be on here again for a few days.....

Thanks for all the great responses to our questions....

Blue x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hello again Foxy.

I also love walking - have done the Lyke Wake, Cleveland Way, Ebor - and several of the Forestry walks. Have walked most of the Lake District and climbed all the mountains there except Scafell Pike.

Do you have a favourite walk/run and is there one still to be done?
Welcome Silver Tabby, that is a very impressive list of some very challenging walks you have completed.........Respect!....

Not a very attractive walk compared to some Tabby, but my favourite would have to be the Lyke Wake Walk.
On the 28th June 1980 I was invited to join a team of walkers from the Doncaster branch of the Yorkshire bank by my FIL who worked there, to attempt to walk the 42 miles of the Lyke Wake Walk. Although I had completed some longish walks including the West Cleveland Circuit, The White Rose Walk and the Bilsdale Circuit, this would be my longest walk to date......

So at twelve midnight after a hearty meal of fish and chips from the tiny shop in Osmotherly, we made our way to the Sheepwash car park and following the light of a hundred torches, began the challenge.
We struggled up the early hills to Botton Head, and splashed our way across the peat bogs of Hamer House and Wheeldale Moor, finally arriving at the radio mast at Ravenscar.

It was the hardest thing I had ever done. Nothing moved from the waist down for the next two weeks as we laid on the verge waiting for the coach to take us home....
Reading the book describing the Lyke Wake, it mentioned that after a successful crossing,
you would either never go near the North York Moors ever again, or it would get into your blood, and you will return....

It must have permeated my circulatory system because just one year later in 1981 I made my second successful crossing. I managed two crossings in 1982, and in 1983 I managed a solo and unsupported attempt in 8 hours 30 minutes, mostly jogging. And so it went on with a further three crossings in 1984 and 1985.

In 1986 with three other runners we succeeded in completing the Lyke Wake Double, 84 miles there and back in 30 hours. It was then that I became aware that for one day a year you were allowed to race with full support. I couldn't resist and signed up. And for the next nine years I completed the annual event, with a fastest time of just six hours and a position of 8th from a hundred runners....

From 1980 until 1996 I completed 21 Lyke Wake Crossings making it my most popular and favourite walk/run. After two Heart Attacks I think my Lyke Wake days are done Tabby, but there is something I've never done, and that is climb the three highest mountains in the British Isles....Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis.... I managed to scramble up Snowdon last year, so that just leaves the one that's eluded you Tabby, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis....So consider it 'Work in Progress'....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-09-2018, 12:04 AM

Which type of woman do you prefer?

A) Marilyn Monroe

B) Fiona Bruce

C) Liz McColgan

D) A mix of all three.

I like to ask the important questions.
Something to dream about Longdogs.....

It would have to be the athlete Longy, The lovely Liz McColgan.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-09-2018, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have a feeling your time is almost up, so I better get one more question in before that happens...

What are you most attracted to as far as the female goes?
Do you think blondes are better looking than the rest of us?

Just a couple fun questions to end with OGFox as I don't expect to be on here again for a few days.....

Thanks for all the great responses to our questions....

Blue x
It has been my pleasure Blue, and you'll always know where to find me....

Personality goes a long way in my choice of the perfect woman Blueberry,
But I must admit to getting turned on by the sight of a slim blonde in good shape... There might be snow on the roof.....But there's still a fire in the grate....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Welcome Silver Tabby, that is a very impressive list of some very challenging walks you have completed.........Respect!....

Not a very attractive walk compared to some Tabby, but my favourite would have to be the Lyke Wake Walk.
On the 28th June 1980 I was invited to join a team of walkers from the Doncaster branch of the Yorkshire bank by my FIL who worked there, to attempt to walk the 42 miles of the Lyke Wake Walk. Although I had completed some longish walks including the West Cleveland Circuit, The White Rose Walk and the Bilsdale Circuit, this would be my longest walk to date......

So at twelve midnight after a hearty meal of fish and chips from the tiny shop in Osmotherly, we made our way to the Sheepwash car park and following the light of a hundred torches, began the challenge.
We struggled up the early hills to Botton Head, and splashed our way across the peat bogs of Hamer House and Wheeldale Moor, finally arriving at the radio mast at Ravenscar.

It was the hardest thing I had ever done. Nothing moved from the waist down for the next two weeks as we laid on the verge waiting for the coach to take us home....
Reading the book describing the Lyke Wake, it mentioned that after a successful crossing,
you would either never go near the North York Moors ever again, or it would get into your blood, and you will return....

It must have permeated my circulatory system because just one year later in 1981 I made my second successful crossing. I managed two crossings in 1982, and in 1983 I managed a solo and unsupported attempt in 8 hours 30 minutes, mostly jogging. And so it went on with a further three crossings in 1984 and 1985.

In 1986 with three other runners we succeeded in completing the Lyke Wake Double, 84 miles there and back in 30 hours. It was then that I became aware that for one day a year you were allowed to race with full support. I couldn't resist and signed up. And for the next nine years I completed the annual event, with a fastest time of just six hours and a position of 8th from a hundred runners....

From 1980 until 1996 I completed 21 Lyke Wake Crossings making it my most popular and favourite walk/run. After two Heart Attacks I think my Lyke Wake days are done Tabby, but there is something I've never done, and that is climb the three highest mountains in the British Isles....Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis.... I managed to scramble up Snowdon last year, so that just leaves the one that's eluded you Tabby, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis....So consider it 'Work in Progress'....
The Lyke Wake certainly does something to the brain! I crossed once from Osmotherly to Ravenscar when I was about 15yrs - arrived at the radio mast just about on hands and knees - could hardly move for days after! Did a second crossing in my 20s, dragged a much protesting male friend across when in my 40s. Then - when I hit 60s - did the reverse crossing solo - finally doing the double a couple of years later. Took 36 hours though.

Never in my wildest dreams would I contemplate doing it at the run! I really admire you for that.

Last question from me now - do you have a favourite film/DVD that you could watch time and again without tiring of it ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
No not yet!!!

There are two whole days yet before his time is up.

Time for lots more questions.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 07:24 AM

Good morning Bob....your fingers must be fraying at the ends now with typing the answers to all these questions

I was wondering.......

What would your perfect night out or in be ?

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top