Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Re: Charity Shop Bargains

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Charity shops aren’t the ‘charity’ places they used to be, they are big business now and most are expensive.
Every one of them local to me are always having refits and refurbishments done, who pays for that?

When l have gone in some charity shops for CDs for my car, you can hear the workers talking to the dealers, who they put stuff by for. I have even heard the shop workers choosing stuff for their next boot sale! (Yes, l know they work for free)
I think most of the good stuff is gone before the customers get a look in.
There is a recycling shop near me, anything that is destined for the rubbish tip but is still usable can be taken there. Yesterday, I needed some old towels to use as rags so I bought five big towels which were a pound each. I know a pound isn't much but they were destined for the skip. Surely they should be more like 20p each?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There is a recycling shop near me, anything that is destined for the rubbish tip but is still usable can be taken there. Yesterday, I needed some old towels to use as rags so I bought five big towels which were a pound each. I know a pound isn't much but they were destined for the skip. Surely they should be more like 20p each?
What!!! They have boxes of them for free here.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:15 PM

We always keep towels, which are past their sell by date, as they invariably come in useful.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:54 PM

By the way the charity shop I was talking about is called going for bust.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Pics please
You know I love to see your dog.
As requested - first I could find...and I thought you might like the eyes.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 05:54 PM

With soft toys for dogs, don’t you have to take the eyes out as they could choke your dog?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:02 PM

I've just returned from Cirencester and bought a beautiful soft leather handbag for £4.99. I'm well chuffed.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
With soft toys for dogs, don’t you have to take the eyes out as they could choke your dog?
Kinda depends on how the eyes are made.
But yes, sometimes. Ours can get the eyes out but doesn't swallow them.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I've just returned from Cirencester and bought a beautiful soft leather handbag for £4.99. I'm well chuffed.
Can we see it??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
By the way the charity shop I was talking about is called going for bust.
I know it.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
As requested - first I could find...and I thought you might like the eyes.

Love it. Thank-you x

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Can we see it??
Yes, can we?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top