Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:52 AM

Re: Poundland - latest silliness!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me too LQ.

Tabs, it would be me off going back any more too.

I used to love Dunelm, but they are getting on me wick now too. At the checkout they want your email address now, and when I said "Why?" they said to send my receipt to!

I said I would like my receipt at the time thank you very much, and not by email later on - along with a load of junk mail and advertising for ever more!

Bloomin' cheek. It's just a way of getting your personal details - and all I wanted was a potato masher.

Should have gone to these guys.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Someone in Poundlands Head office is either an Elvis fan or has a warped sense of humour .

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Me too LQ.

I used to love Dunelm, but they are getting on me wick now too. At the checkout they want your email address now, and when I said "Why?" they said to send my receipt to!

I said I would like my receipt at the time thank you very much, and not by email later on - along with a load of junk mail and advertising for ever more!

Bloomin' cheek. It's just a way of getting your personal details - and all I wanted was a potato masher.
Mups, I don't blame you.

I love Dunelm too, but no way would I ever give my
email address to them. Bloomin cheek! that's as bad as when eons ago, one could pay for their goods with a cheque accompanied by a cheque guarantee card . I always used to fill out the cheque quickly, turn the cheque over and write all the necessary information required from the card on the back. They would then have the cheek to ask me to put my address on the back! I always refused, and would have walked away without the goods if necessary. No-one was ever having my cheque book details, card details AND my name and address!! perfect tools for a fraud by dishonest employees. Good on you Mups, they must think we, the shoppers, are gullible "do as you are requested" fools!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Me too LQ.

Oh no! I thought they wanted postcodes so they could decide if it's worth opening a store near me Mups! Drat!
I don't enjoy Dunelm as much now they've stopped stocking loads of wonderful fabrics and their bargains aren't as good.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
there's one or two funny online comments about this .. Like

elvis singing .. Ain't nuthin' but a pound-dog
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:35 PM

This thread sort of reminds me of how the Australians destroyed Homebase.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Poundland is one shop I will not be visiting in future.
I have only been in there once. I bought some masking tape that wouldn't stick to anything and some pliers that fell apart on the first use.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have only been in there once. I bought some masking tape that wouldn't stick to anything and some pliers that fell apart on the first use.

I hope you weren't trying to gag Mrs. LD with it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-09-2018, 04:40 PM

I hope you weren't trying to gag Mrs. LD with it.
I wouldn't dare try that Mups.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top