Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Re: Crosswords

Used to regularly do the crossword in the newspaper but I don't buy them now so I don't do them. I like to keep my brain active with word games.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:01 PM

I love cryptic ones, can't stand the simple crosswords though - so boring. I enjoy the Daily Mail, Telegraph and also the weekly Radio Times crossword.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:01 PM

I don't buy newspapers anymore - but - I do buy 'The Times' crossword puzzle books and try to do one puzzle each day. Some of them are down right diabolical - but I won't be beaten! I also like logic problems, Rebus puzzles and the lateral thinking ones.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Yes I do crosswords,I buy the puzzle mags Take a break/Take a Puzzle/Take a Crossword are my favourites,I got through lots of them while I was in hospital.I do like the Code Words,but sometimes I cheat & have to look ot the first answer
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:49 PM

I only buy the TV mag and I do the crossword in that, otherwise I do a lot of games on this site.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:04 PM

Cryptic crosswords are my favourite, I'm just making my way through a book of Times cryptics and download and print off those from the Gruaniad. I also do general knowledge crosswords. Those that feature in rags like the Sun and Mirror are an insult.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I used to often spend an afternoon with a puzzle book, got out of the habit somehow.
I have done the same at times Roxy. I find it so relaxing...

Hope you are having a nice week-end Roxy, I guess it is almost over for you,.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Yes I do crosswords,I buy the puzzle mags Take a break/Take a Puzzle/Take a Crossword are my favourites,I got through lots of them while I was in hospital.I do like the Code Words,but sometimes I cheat & have to look ot the first answer
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
We certainly do, WB. I'm hopeless at cryptic crosswords though. My mind doesn't think that logically!
I have tried Cryptic so many times, but I just can't figure them out. Once someone showed me how he figured one, but it was too complicated for my little peanut of a brain Floyd....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I always do the crossword in our local paper, sometimes I finish and sometimes I can’t.
Hi Mags

I find the crosswords in the newspapers very difficult...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top