Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:37 PM

Re: Crosswords

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As someone has already mentioned, it's just a case of trying to get inside the setter's head. Once you've done that, the answers tend to fall in place. It helps if you have a decent vocabulary also.

Try this one.

No stomach for chase, vegans sabotaged hunt.

If you take out the `stomach` i.e. the middle of chase you're left with CE. You add that to VEGANS and sabotaged means it's an anagram. Hunt is the answer in the clue so you have an anagram of CEVEGANS - Scavenger, a type of hunt.

All it takes is practice.
That's clever Judd, I'll remember that and see if anything like that comes up in my crosswords. It's a case of looking deeply into the clue and analysing it then.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Wow, that is clever !!!l I still don't get it thought...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:33 PM

I am doing a crossward and I have come to a standstill. I know the UKers will know the answer (don't google it)........here is the question, I am ready to pack in the puzzle as this has me stumped.........

What is the fur, on a Royal's robe at the neckline?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:12 PM

It's usually ermine.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Here's a couple to whet your appetite:

Victory fever is uncertain (5)

Large animal in the room (8)

Large attic in disarray (7)

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top