Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 05:50 PM

Mystery Road - Film now TV Series

Mystery Road is a 2013 Australian crime film written and directed by Ivan Sen. It was screened in the Special Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. An indigenous detective, surly Jay Swan, returns to the Outback to investigate the murder of a young girl. A sequel entitled Goldstone was released in 2016.

Mystery Road (the film) has been on TV twice - it was so good that I watched it twice. The outback locations are stunning, there's a good plot and the actors eminently watchable, especially Aaron Pederson, the Aboriginal detective.

I haven't seen Goldstone yet, but there are references to that film in Mystery Road (TV series), which also boasts stunning locations, an intriguing plot and the estimable Judy Davis. Film and TV series are slow burners but certainly hold my attention.

The film is still available on BBC iPlayer and should be watched first:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0544dqh

The first two episodes of the series are here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bl5l7q

John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:37 PM

Re: Mystery Road - Film now TV Series

I saw both episodes on Saturday night, and enjoyed both. I said to my wife, "We've seen that guy, Aaron Pederson, in something else" Checked on imdb.com, and found out that we'd seen him in the movie of the same name. Also checked out Judy Davis, who I remember in a good 70s movie, My Brilliant Career.I'm afraid she looks every bit of of her 68 years. I suspect she might have had some illness. Watchable series.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:41 AM

Mystery Road review – TV spin-off unearths ambitious tale of small-town secrets

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...l-town-secrets

Director Rachel Perkins leaves her mark on this satisfying spin-off of Ivan Sen’s film with the aid of a stellar cast and outstanding cinematography.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Thanks Omah. The film was available for download so have done so.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:18 PM

I'm recording the series so will try to catch up with it later in the autumn, too much other stuff recorded to watch first...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanks from me too! Omah. I have downloaded something from BBC 2 that is on for 1hr 54 minutes.
It starts with a lorry and a girl under the bridge and lots of police arrive.
Now is this what you have recommended or is there something more than this?

PS. Thank You for adding the info on the Cowboy thread l started.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

26-09-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thanks from me too! Omah. I have downloaded something from BBC 2 that is on for 1hr 54 minutes.
It starts with a lorry and a girl under the bridge and lots of police arrive.
Now is this what you have recommended or is there something more than this?
That's the original "Mystery Road", to be watched first.

The filming location was Winton, Queensland (human population - 954, acreage, cattle and sheep - all run into the millions .....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
PS. Thank You for adding the info on the Cowboy thread l started.
“No worries”, as they say in the outback .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-10-2018, 12:41 AM

Saturday's two episodes differed somewhat but ended up making the plot(s) much more complicated. The second seemed to have been written or produced by a different person to the preceding episode - plot loopholes, unnecessary sub-plots, implausible links, unexplained behaviour. However, the thrust of the main plot moved along, helped by the performances of Aaron and Judy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 01:50 AM

The TV series was pretty good.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-10-2018, 03:40 AM

The last 2 episodes were much better written/produced and thoroughly enjoyable - I will say no more in case any FMs have yet to see them .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top