Join for free
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:18 PM

A Bit of an Exploration...........

Having been out on the bike early today and therefore back early, this afternoon boredom set in. I have a VERY low boredom threshold.
I decided to take a trip on the scoot to explore a possible cycle route.
I had been threatening to do this for a few weeks but never gotten around to it, so off I went to find the 'Ermita de la Tress Cruzes or the Hermitage of the 3 crosses. From the centre of our pueblo it's signed,a and the route was easy to follow, and to my suprise the road was tarmaced. The route went up, and up, and round and round and higher and higher.
What fantastic views, I was able to see the whole of Malaga and far over the Med.
One drawback, the wind was still very strong and of course even stronger at that height. It all got a bit hairy at times, riding along a single track road, less than a metre from a sheer drop and a howling wind trying to blow me over the edge. At least I felt alive.
Right at the top of the mountain is this small building that is the Hermitage, with spectacular 360deg views. All this and only 15 mins from my home, and in 10 years have never been before.
I have promised to take the missus soon, and next time the camera, you would be impressed with the views.
The best way I can describe it, and how I described it to SWMBO is that it's like looking at Google Earth.

As for a cycle route, well it actually is an official mountain bike route (the road down the other side is NOT tarmaced and mainly loose shale), but NO WAY, some of those hills must have been 15%, and I ain't that good.............
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Re: A Bit of an Exploration...........

You are a brave man Alan

Sounds as though the effort was worth it though , I hope you manage to get some photographs next time you go up there
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Photos please Rocky, it sounds fantastic....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:39 PM

I would love to see some photos too Rocky, sounds great.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
One drawback, the wind was still very strong and of course even stronger at that height. It all got a bit hairy at times, riding along a single track road, less than a metre from a sheer drop and a howling wind trying to blow me over the edge. At least I felt alive.
I would love to see some photos of that but for goodness sake be careful Rockie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 01:54 AM

Definitely would like to see pics, Rocky,por favor!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top